Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Braves/Cards/Giants

Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I almost want the Cardinals to win the WC. Almost
    Me too, I've yet to get over that damned drum beat and tomahawk chop.

I'm not a fan of the present day Cardinals but at least I respect their history.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I do too, but... 3 of the 4 teams involved seem to be less-than-good right now. In the NL they should just give the Phillies a 1st round bye and let the D-Backs and Brewers play to determine who will face the Phils in the NLCS. Seems that neither the Braves or Cards are very good. The Red Sox are real bad right now. If this were ski-jumping, then the D-Rays would have wrapped it up a week and a half ago.

Something smells rotten in the WC. At least 75% of it does.
    One of the best things about this game is ya never know what can happen.

Braves cant hold their lead now tied 3-3 in the 9th

Anybody else think it would be pretty funny if the Cards make the playoffs only to get run over by Philly?

I remember quite a few Cards fans last season talking trash about how the Reds haven't made the playoffs in years only to have been eliminated quick enough that you could've blinked and missed it...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Anybody else think it would be pretty funny if the Cards make the playoffs only to get run over by Philly?

I remember quite a few Cards fans last season talking trash about how the Reds haven't made the playoffs in years only to have been eliminated quick enough that you could've blinked and missed it...
    To be completely honest with you, it wouldn't surprise me if the Cards were rolled over by the Phillies. Still dang fun to watch the Cards play like this in September.

I don't want The Cards in the playoffs, but part of me thinks it would be hilarious if there was no game 163 and Pujols finished the season with 99 RBI... in his contract year. Not that it would matter, he's still going to get a key to Fort Knox, but still.

Anyway, here's hoping The Braves can somehow get out of their own way and pull this game out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    To be completely honest with you, it wouldn't surprise me if the Cards were rolled over by the Phillies. Still dang fun to watch the Cards play like this in September.

It's even more fun to watch "the best fans in baseball" act like just making it to the playoffs this season would justify their teams season as being successful... Because I got trolled to death last season posting on a Cards forum for saying that by merely winning the division the Reds had a successful season...

Because in StL we don't get excited about making the playoffs. We expect it... And that's the difference between Cardinals fans and Reds fans... We're used to winning and have higher expectations because of it... And the simple fact that you're excited about playing an extra 3-5 games over the rest of the league means that you're a fan of a scrub team.

Or something to that effect.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post

I wouldn't bet against the Cards. I know Philly is a juggernaut but StL has been hot for a month and they played well against Philly during the last few weeks of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Philly just went up 4-3.

Barring a miracle for The Braves, TLR, Priss and the gang are headed to the postseason. Ugh.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Cardinals reach the World Series. 2006 all over again. Epic choke by the Braves.

I hate the Cardinals, but they deserve a tip of the cap. Hope they get swept.

Wow, way to go Atlanta. Here's to hoping The Cards get bounced out in the 1st round.

What a knife twisting defeat for Atlanta at the hands of their rival, the new king, Philly.
    Last edited by mdccclxix; 09-28-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

I don't know why, I always prefer NL Central teams making the playoffs. Forget Atlanta.

Biggest downside to all this, more Berkman. I can't stand that guy.

Turn Off Ads?