Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NL Wild Card.

Re: NL Wild Card.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Florida up 3-0 over Atlanta in the 7th.
    St. Louis leads the Metropolitans 3-0 early.

Is the lead heading down to 1.5?
    I'd like to think the jinx worked. Metropolitans now lead 4-3.

2. Turn Off Ads?

In the AL, Boston loses. Tampa is tied up in the nightcap after losing the opener. If they can pull it out they will be 1.5 behind the Red Sox.
    Braves lost. St. Louis came from behind to win and the Giants are leading. Redbirds now 1.5 out. If the Giants hold on they are 3.5 back.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Come on Brewers and Braves! Get it done.

St. Louis has four home games: NYM -1 CHC - 3; three road games: HOU - 3.
    Atlanta has three home games: PHI -3; three road games: WSN - 3.

Advantage St. Louis I would guess.

Never dreamed I'd be saying this but Come on Cardinals! Sorry guys I have nothing but the upmost disrespect and hatred for the Atlanta Braves, let me make myself clear, I HATE THE ATLANTA BRAVES, I can't stand the Cardinals, but I hate the Braves, nothing would bring a smile to my face more on this dismal baseball season than seeing the Braves choke on the last weekend of the season when they had it all along!

Nerdvana Annihilation

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Never dreamed I'd be saying this but Come on Cardinals! Sorry guys I have nothing but the upmost disrespect and hatred for the Atlanta Braves, let me make myself clear, I HATE THE ATLANTA BRAVES, I can't stand the Cardinals, but I hate the Braves, nothing would bring a smile to my face more on this dismal baseball season than seeing the Braves choke on the last weekend of the season when they had it all along!

You still mad about 1995?

Quote Originally Posted by code View Post
    Ding ding ding, what do we have for him Johnny!?

Nerdvana Annihilation

Ding ding ding, what do we have for him Johnny!?
    Not going to lie, I am too

Not going to lie, I am too
    1995 is one of the reasons I hate the Braves, the other is the amount of bandwagon Braves fans that live in my area...if you are from Southern West Virginia your team should be the Cincinnati Reds, and if it isn't then you are a POS! We are Reds Country all the way, always have, always will.

It's pretty much a win-win situation for me. The Cardinals coming up just short or the Braves spitting the bit. A silver lining in a sad, sad season. If, by some miracle, the Giants snuck in; that would be the ultimate. Cards fans crying. Braves fans crying. Good times.

Man we had such a good team that year, I think the offense in 1995 was better than the offense of 1990 (obviously the pitching in 90 was better), its a shame the 94/95 team could not win the series.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If, by some miracle, the Giants snuck in; that would be the ultimate. Cards fans crying. Braves fans crying. Good times.
    If that were to happy a celebration party will be held at my house, all Reds fans, Brave-haters, Cardinal-haters, and Cub-haters are welcome!

Cardinals up 2 zip in the third. Why do those guys keep quitting on Tony LaRussa like that?

Sorry but I am hoping for the Cards to win the wildcard, then lets see how they do vs. the Phillies in teh first round...Go Cards...

Cardinals leading 6-2. Mets have the bases loaded in the ninth with out. Ex-Reds farmhand Justin Turner up. Two walks and an error. Full count. Ball four. 6-3. Bases loaded. Jose Reyes. Jason Motte is out after 29 pitches. Rzepcyznski in. Reyes with a bloop single. 6-4. Bases still loaded. One out. First hit of the inning was a bloop. LaRussa must be livid. Salas in to relieve Rzepcyznski. Happy days are here again. Tejada was down 0-2 in the count and fought back to run it full, before doubling. 6-6. Reyes on third, Tejada on second. Intentional walk to load them up. A lot of the big bats are out of the game for St. Louis as LaRussa went for defense.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-22-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Turn Off Ads?