Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NL Wild Card.

NL Wild Card.

Don't look now but both the Cards and the Giants are back from the dead.

St. Louis, you know that team that hates their manager etc, has climbed back to within 2.5 games. (Tony LaRussa any day over Dusty Baker)
    San Francisco has won 8 games in a row and trails by only 3.5 games.

Roughly ten games to go. Atlanta has to be feeling the heat.

It's a shame the Queen City Boys packed it in the last two months of the season, losing to a AAA club tonight. But go on get your numbers, boys. You have earned them.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-20-2011 at 01:28 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NL Wild Card.

I'm not sure why but I find myself rooting for the Cards to catch the Braves for some reason. Maybe because there is nothing to cheer about for our team these days.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I'm not sure why but I find myself rooting for the Cards to catch the Braves for some reason. Maybe because there is nothing to cheer about for our team these days.
    HERETIC!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Geez. I'd never root for the Cardinals. I'm disappointed that the Brewers haven't clinched this thing yet. Same for the Braves.

I want the Cardinals to feel the same sense of failure that the Reds feel right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Geez. I'd never root for the Cardinals. I'm disappointed that the Brewers haven't clinched this thing yet. Same for the Braves.

I want the Cardinals to feel the same sense of failure that the Reds feel right now.
    I don't. I want them to feel even worse. My ideal scenario would play out with the Cardinals grabbing a one-game lead in the Wild Card race with two games to play. Pandemonium in the streets of St. Louis. And then having them lose the final two games, while Atlanta wins and snatches the playoff spot away. Perfect. What a crusher that would be. It would be even more perfect if Pujols took a called third strike to end the final game with the go-ahead runners on base and Carpenter got the loss. Pujols, in a steroid-induced rage, breaks his bat over his knee. Cork and a vial of HGH fly out. LaRussa comes out to argue the call, gets livid, punches an umpire and gets suspended for the entire 2012 season.
    Could happen.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-20-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I don't. I want them to feel even worse. My ideal scenario would play out with the Cardinals grabbing a one-game lead in the Wild Card race with two games to play. Pandemonium in the streets of St. Louis. And then having them lose the final two games, while Atlanta wins and snatches the playoff spot away. Perfect. What a crusher that would be. It would be even more perfect if Pujols took a called third strike to end the final game with the go-ahead runners on base and Carpenter got the loss. Pujols, in a steroid-induced rage, breaks his bat over his knee. Cork and a vial of HGH fly out. LaRussa comes out to argue the call, gets livid, punches an umpire and gets suspended for the entire 2012 season.
    Could happen.
    In this scenario, could Dusty decide he needs to retire. Also, CC Sabathia decides to opt out of his contract with the yankees, and come back to Ohio, albeit it the team in the SW corner, and sign for $400k a year?

cardinals have decent shot. giants have no shot

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    In this scenario, could Dusty decide he needs to retire. Also, CC Sabathia decides to opt out of his contract with the yankees, and come back to Ohio, albeit it the team in the SW corner, and sign for $400k a year?
    If you're gonna dream, might as well dream big, dude.

reds are playing huge big time baseball tonite, maybe dusty will call for the squeeze play with a 2-2 count and proclaim that the scoreboard was wrong

He probably hates Cincinnati right now, I screamed at him while he was warming up in the bullpen back in June if he wanted me to go get him some hot-dogs and I called him Tubby, I know he heard cause I wasn't but 15 feet from him.

Heck, the strong rumor is that Halladay, Lee, Sabathia, Kershaw, Shields, and others are all going to ask out of their contracts and demand a trade to the Reds or to be able to sign as a free agent with the Reds for virtually nothing in return.

Every player wants to play for the Reds. We're America's Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Heck, the strong rumor is that Halladay, Lee, Sabathia, Kershaw, Shields, and others are all going to ask out of their contracts and demand a trade to the Reds or to be able to sign as a free agent with the Reds for virtually nothing in return.

Well that clearly wouldn't work. One of those guys would have to pitch middle relief so we have room for Arroyo. And I don't know about having 3 lefties in the rotation...

We play in the Great AMERICAN Ball Park.

Braves won.
    Cards won.
    Giants lost.

7 games to go.

Brewers won. Magic number now 3.

Florida up 3-0 over Atlanta in the 7th.
    St. Louis leads the Metropolitans 3-0 early.

Is the lead heading down to 1.5?

Turn Off Ads?