Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Worst Fans in College Sports?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: Worst Fans in College Sports?

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    The wife says this had nothing to do with football and the only person wearing LSU gear wasn't visible when the attack began. Just the usual overreaching...
    Okay, so instead of a pack looking to beat the crap out of LSU fans after the game, there was a pack looking to beat the crap out of anybody after the game. Are you sure that's going to make people feel safer?
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oh, yes! Gotta beware of those roving packs of hillbillies! Wrong Turn was a documentary after all!

Geesh.

Yes, WVU students have developed a culture of drunkenness, a reputation they feel they have to live up to. That doesn't mean that every incident has to be exaggerated to the point that it's looked at as typical. Chuck Landon at the Herald Dispatch has an well-documented extreme bias against WVU, and he and his paper aren't exactly neutral sources.

In this case the main victim's wife, who was herself a victim, says this has been misreported. What more do you want?
    Last edited by tixe; 09-29-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Except the HD misplayed this one. The wife says this had nothing to do with football and the only person wearing LSU gear wasn't visible when the attack began. Just the usual overreaching, portraying WVU fans as Demons from the netherworld.

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/WVUSports/201109273190

No surprise that Chuck Landon was involved in the "reporting" on this. I think WVU must have stolen his girlfriend and then run over his dog.
    This also fits with the notion that LSU fans probably weren't driving legally and didn't have license plates on their car....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    UT? What do they ever do other than pound Rocky Top into your brain?

I have a different criteria I guess. I judge by the behavior of fans I interact with at sportsbars and violence that happens on and around campus after a big game
    So you judge a schools fan base by the ones who are liquored up, and you have a problem with someone else's criteria?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    So you judge a schools fan base by the ones who are liquored up, and you have a problem with someone else's criteria?
    Where do you find fans that aren't liquored up? Seems to me that's a possibility no matter where you go.

Where do you find fans that aren't liquored up? Seems to me that's a possibility no matter where you go.
    BYU?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    BYU?
    What about Utah?

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

The "Worst Fans in College Sports" is whoever just won the conference/national/league championship/title or whoever just beat your favorite team. If they have done it fairly regularly over some time period, they are particularly heinous.

Somehow, Cub fans supercede both rules.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    BYU?
    OK, I get your line of thinking. So are you saying we can't compare BYU with Ohio State because one set of fans drink heavily and one doesn't?

My point was how do you judge an OSU fanbase if you say we shouldn't include the ones who are liquored up?

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    The "Worst Fans in College Sports" is whoever just won the conference/national/league championship/title or whoever just beat your favorite team. If they have done it fairly regularly over some time period, they are particularly heinous.

Somehow, Cub fans supercede both rules.

GL
    I don't agree with that. Some fans burn up the town like Vancouver, CA did and some don't

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I don't agree with that.
    No, seriously, Cubs fans are that bad.

GL

Turn Off Ads?