Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The WORST thing that could have happened

The WORST thing that could have happened

While I'm happy for Bronson, he seems like a decent enough guy, and wish he could pitch like that all the time....I'm afraid that if he has a couple of good outings to end the year, he'll be solidly pencilled in to next year's rotation, instead of us trying to upgrade.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The WORST thing that could have happened

So you are willing to disreguard all he has done over the past few seasons because he has had one bad year and wasn't 100% healthy? Sorry but I have him as our 3 guy and have no issues with that at all.

He was going to be in the rotation anyway lol. Good starts like today will just give him something to build on next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    He was going to be in the rotation anyway lol. Good starts like today will just give him something to build on next year.
    Yep. I bet he is pumped now that he knows he can get AAA hitters out. If one was being honest, one would have to recognize that this Astros team is horrible. Especially offensively. They are averaging under three runs a game in September. It would be a chore NOT to shut them down.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Yep. I bet he is pumped now that he knows he can get AAA hitters out. If one was being honest, one would have to recognize that this Astros team is horrible. Especially offensively. They are averaging under three runs a game in September. It would be a chore NOT to shut them down.
    What was the mighty Homers line on tuesday against this lineup?

His contract dictates that he will be in the rotation, not a few good outings at the end of the year.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Even a busted clock is right twice a day..today's game is meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Even a busted clock is right twice a day..today's game is meaningless
    No game is meaningless. Here is Bronson who has struggled this season able to go out and go 9 innings with less then 100 pitches aginst a MLB team. Yes it was the Astros, but I didn't see Homer do that last night? Or some of our bullpen pitchers keep them off the board?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    No game is meaningless. Here is Bronson who has struggled this season able to go out and go 9 innings with less then 100 pitches aginst a MLB team. Yes it was the Astros, but I didn't see Homer do that last night? Or some of our bullpen pitchers keep them off the board?
    Even Bronson knows it was a joke. Everyone but you. You just want to argue.

"Those guys are out of it and we're out of it," Arroyo said. "Sometimes, teams tend to be a little aggressive, and it can have the vibe of a Spring Training game. For the first three or four innings, it had a vibe like that.
    There was only one thought on the minds of the AAAstros this afternoon. Get the last road game of the season of a dismal season, being played in the rain, over with as quickly as possible. Check out the ORG game thread. Every can see it but you. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Even Bronson knows it was a joke. Everyone but you. You just want to argue.

There was only one thought on the minds of the AAAstros this afternoon. Get the last road game of the season of a dismal season, being played in the rain, over with as quickly as possible. Check out the ORG game thread. Every can see it but you. Amazing.
    So what you are saying is that paid athletes just quit.

I am so glad that Arroyo got his numbers, after all that is all that matters,

This is sort of a meaningless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    While I'm happy for Bronson, he seems like a decent enough guy, and wish he could pitch like that all the time....I'm afraid that if he has a couple of good outings to end the year, he'll be solidly pencilled in to next year's rotation, instead of us trying to upgrade.
    He is penciled in to next year's rotation no matter how he finished the season

At least he know he has issues and he said he is going to work on arm strength in the offseason to regain his fastball

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    So you are willing to disreguard all he has done over the past few seasons because he has had one bad year and wasn't 100% healthy? Sorry but I have him as our 3 guy and have no issues with that at all.
    It's not about what he's done in the past. It's about what he will do for us in the future. If management is fine with him giving more HRs than any pitcher in the league, then yes, he will be in the rotation next year.

middle market teams constantly look to the past while rich teams turn their teams over more rapidly, arroyo is yesterdays news

Turn Off Ads?