Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P-Doc Implication Clear

P-Doc Implication Clear

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daughert...ning-line-923/

Sample:

"* A QUESTION: Are the Cardinals really that much better than the Reds?

What I mean is, is the 25-man roster there (or 40-man, makes no difference) really a full 10 games superior to the roster here?

You say Pujols, I say Votto. Berkman = Bruce. Their starting staff hasnt had its best pitcher all year. C. Carpenter chugs along, OK-ly. The rest is far from imposing. Jason Motte/Coco Cordero… who’d you rather have? Theriot or DatDude? Cards are clearly better at LF and C. Reds clearly superior at 2B. Reds have a slightly better bullpen. The rest is a wash. If you want to give Looie a slight edge in starting pitching, OK, but Westbrook, Lohse, Garcia isnt significantly better than Arroyo, Bailey, Leake. And Cueto is better than anyone St. Louis runs out there."

P-Doc

My Take: Does anyone else not sense the point the Doc is trying to make?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: P-Doc Implication Clear

obvious point, we are managed by an anencephalic

Besides the manager point, there is an atmosphere in St. Louis of winning, and that is something a stat sheet won't reflect. Winning teams find ways to win games. Also the Cards find ways to win...it seemed this years the Reds found ways to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Besides the manager point, there is an atmosphere in St. Louis of winning, and that is something a stat sheet won't reflect. Winning teams find ways to win games. Also the Cards find ways to win...it seemed this years the Reds found ways to lose.
    ...plus a GM and ownership who's proactive in attempting to constantly improve their team through trades, signings, releases, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    ...plus a GM and ownership who's proactive in attempting to constantly improve their team through trades, signings, releases, etc.
    Again...until we have all the facts on the teams financial abilities you can't really compare the two.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Yeah, this was a wasted year for the Reds. They didn't even try and figure out what they had with the triple A guy until late in the season. They seem very lazy in any proactive attempts to assess what they have or what they need.

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    obvious point, we are managed by an anencephalic
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Yeah, this was a wasted year for the Reds. They didn't even try and figure out what they had with the triple A guy until late in the season. They seem very lazy in any proactive attempts to assess what they have or what they need.
    I agree. Pretty much wasted. Did basically nothing over the winter to add talent. Team struggles and nothing. 2011 was the year to go for it. Hope they bounce back in 2012 but I don't see them having enough.

the whole goal of senescent managers like faker is to move the calendar one more year and milf the system for another year with his tired useless homilies and homepsun stupidity

Dusty has had a bad year, but most of our problems fall back to the problems some people on this board saw coming from a mile away. He could have handled the bullpen much better, but how many games did we lose because our guys couldn't hit a sac fly?

Our best player went the entire year without protection, and as a result he leads all of baseball in walks. We spent the majority of the year with 3 black holes in our lineup...it's safe to say the Janish experiment failed. Our pitching has been inconsistent at best. 2 out of our 5 starters are an injury waiting to happen with Bailey and Cueto. Plus our only reliable guy was playing hurt. Our opening day starter spent most of the year in the minors and Wood also got demoted. Our bullpen got overworked hardcore early in the year with Arroyo being awful and the rest of the inconsistencies.

I don't think the manager is worth the amount of wins/losses that it would matter this season. I'm of the belief that from the top down everyone has their share of being bad.

Looking ahead to 2012 I think it's safe to say that we'll get better production from LF, SS, and 3B. If that is true then offensively we will be fine. It doesn't answer the #4 hole...but since Walt said we aren't going after anyone I just hope Alonso can do it.

If our rotation can stay healthy we'll be contenders next year, if they can't the trickle down effect that we saw this year will be our demise. Just my 0.02

agree

If our rotation can stay healthy we'll be contenders next year, if they can't the trickle down effect that we saw this year will be our demise. Just my 0.02
    If you look around baseball and who got starts, I would think the logical conclusion is that Reds starters were comparatively healthy. Of course, I count Arroyo as being healthy since he didn't miss a start. Now if someone would argue he wasn't healthy and was hurting the club by running out there, I could see their point. But that is on the manager. But it does fit in well with the Reds manager's "inmates run the asylum" managerial philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If you look around baseball and who got starts, I would think the logical conclusion is that Reds starters were comparatively healthy. Of course, I count Arroyo as being healthy since he didn't miss a start. Now if someone would argue he wasn't healthy and was hurting the club by running out there, I could see their point. But that is on the manager. But it does fit in well with the Reds manager's "inmates run the asylum" managerial philosophy.
    Cueto missed what almost a month, Homer was on teh DL how long and there is no way, especially with the horrible summer weather Bronson was ever 100%. I would say only Leake and Wood were 100% healthy the entire season....

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Healthy might have been a bad way to put it. Out of the guys that were going to be a part of our rotation going into the year, we've had issues with 5 of them. 6 if you include Leake getting busted for shoplifting and demoted.

All of the shuffling with injuries and bad starts destroyed our bullpen. To be contenders in 2012 I believe we need much more consistency there. Offensively we are what we are..without major changes it isn't going to change. We'll score a lot of runs and we'll strike out in key situations. We'll have more than enough to win a lot of games though...imo.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    Not to mention, the grass there is really, really green!

Turn Off Ads?