Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walt Jocketty Gets a 3 year extension...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Walt Jocketty Gets a 3 year extension...

According to Lance Mccalister.

Re: Walt Jocketty Gets a 3 year extension...

No surprise there. I guess it sucks for those in Chicago who were hopeful.

no it sucks for reds fans

I wonder what earned him the extension, the Arroyo deal, or the Rolen extension?

Between paying 40 million for a set up man who can last an inning, extending the worst 3B in baseball, re signing one of the worst starters in the game, giving a player who had 1 good month 50 million dollars, going into the season with Renteria and Janish as your SS, Having ROlen as the 3B, and Gomes/Lewis anchoring your LF....and going from first place and 91 wins in 2010 to 78 wins in 2011...no wonder he has been re upped.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasBornInCincy View Post
    Between paying 40 million for a set up man who can last an inning, extending the worst 3B in baseball, re signing one of the worst starters in the game, giving a player who had 1 good month 50 million dollars, going into the season with Renteria and Janish as your SS, Having ROlen as the 3B, and Gomes/Lewis anchoring your LF....and going from first place and 91 wins in 2010 to 78 wins in 2011...no wonder he has been re upped.
    What set up man is being paid 40 million?
    It was the owner who wanted Rolen here, the GM just did as instructed by the owner.
    Who was one of the worst starters in baseball are you speaking of?
    He gave a good contract to one of the best young players in baseball...
    When was the last time the Reds won the division and who was the GM?

Quote Originally Posted by IWasBornInCincy View Post
    You are a real ray of sunshine.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I wonder what earned him the extension, the Arroyo deal, or the Rolen extension?
    The Volquez offer to extend, which Edinson unwisely turned down.

Let's face it....Get ready for more of the same as far as personnel goes. We are not going to see expensive players come our way. Between no action at the trade deadline, and now Walt being re-upped for 3 years, the statement has been made. Unless the players we have now have career years at the same time, we will continue to be a team treading water in the next few years. And when Votto leaves, we may be back to the lost decade
    style of play.

Well, since he is going to be here three more years, let's hope he has some tricks up his sleeves to get this team back to the playoffs.

this is classic , the guy might be a "real ray of sunshine" but he is also completely right

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    this is classic , the guy might be a "real ray of sunshine" but he is also completely right
    I agree, it's like all the sarcastic "sky is falling" comments earlier in the season when the Reds were playing terrible and showing legitimate reasons for concern before the sky actually fell.
    Last edited by mroby85; 09-24-2011 at 03:02 PM.

I thought Walt made some interesting comments last night in the booth with Chris and George.

Talked about a bunch of stuff but the two main things that stuck with me were that he sounded like he would be willing to go outside of the organization and make a move. Whether that means getting a veteran backup SS, or actually making an impact move I dunno. Also how he said how important our infield D is and that with Stubbs and Bruce in the OF we can afford to sacrifice some D in LF. Good news for Yonder but I guess we already knew that.

yeah stubbs is really great

Talked about a bunch of stuff but the two main things that stuck with me were that he sounded like he would be willing to go outside of the organization and make a move.
    That Walt really knows how to think outside the box. From his lack of activity the past year and a half this must have been a very recent epiphany.

Go outside the organization? Is that even legal?

Turn Off Ads?