Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just want to say...

Just want to say...

Congrats to the Reds for winning the Central Division. You guys had a great year and fully deserve what you fought for. I look forward to the last month of baseball as post season baseball is always some of the most exciting sports entertainment you will ever see (excluding the Stanley Cup playoffs of course ). Hopefully, the Cardinals and Reds meet somewhere in the playoffs.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: Just want to say...

Thank you, sir. And I think I speak for many here when I say I hope Cincinnati doesn't get within 200 miles of you guys in the playoffs.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Thank you, sir. And I think I speak for many here when I say I hope Cincinnati doesn't get within 200 miles of you guys in the playoffs.
    I agree. Until Cincy gets over the hump late in the season (including postseason), and the Cards quit surprising late in the season and postseason..........I don't want any part of you. That is my respect for you guys. I both hate and respect you. LOL.

I wonder what each team is going to do in the final series of the year in St. Louis, when the Reds will already have the division locked up. Possible variables: Reds still fighting for #1 seed; Cardinals may still be fighting for playoffs.

I have tickets for 2 out of 3 of those games so hope there is a reason for them to be competitive and not just a minor league all-star game.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    I wonder what each team is going to do in the final series of the year in St. Louis, when the Reds will already have the division locked up. Possible variables: Reds still fighting for #1 seed; Cardinals may still be fighting for playoffs.

I have tickets for 2 out of 3 of those games so hope there is a reason for them to be competitive and not just a minor league all-star game.
    The real intersting thing is that Reds fans favorite pitcher looks like he might pitch that series. Chris Carpenter is making a start on Friday and it sets up to where he will probably make a start against the Reds next weekend.

A friend of mine who is Cards fan told me the Reds will lay down in that final series in order to get ready for the playoffs. I laughed and told him there is little love between the two organizations and no way would the Reds do that. If they can stick it to the Cards they will.

We will see.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    The real intersting thing is that Reds fans favorite pitcher looks like he might pitch that series. Chris Carpenter is making a start on Friday and it sets up to where he will probably make a start against the Reds next weekend.
    If Carp starts on Friday, "next weekend" he would be pitching against the Nationals....Reds are M-W the first week of October.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    A friend of mine who is Cards fan told me the Reds will lay down in that final series in order to get ready for the playoffs. I laughed and told him there is little love between the two organizations and no way would the Reds do that. If they can stick it to the Cards they will.

We will see.
    I'd love to see Stl still fighting for a spot that last 3 game set.... Needing to win all 3 to get in or something like that and the Reds come in and crack their eggs wide open
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Congrats to the Reds for winning the Central Division. You guys had a great year and fully deserve what you fought for. I look forward to the last month of baseball as post season baseball is always some of the most exciting sports entertainment you will ever see (excluding the Stanley Cup playoffs of course ). Hopefully, the Cardinals and Reds meet somewhere in the playoffs.
    Admit it Mike, you're just trying to jinx the Reds, congratulating them early, hoping they lose all their remaining games and the Cards win all their remaining games to win the division
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

If Carp starts on Friday, "next weekend" he would be pitching against the Nationals....Reds are M-W the first week of October.
    Gahh... I'm all jacked up on the dates. You're right about that. Maybe it's because we have to play Houston again next week and I completely forgot about the forgettable team. Still, I'm excited to see Carp pitch. I know he isn't the best pitcher for Reds fans to get on board with but in St. Louis, he's legendary. If he goes out there and pitches competently, it will add to his legend here. Dude had a rib removed not so long ago and now he's pitching. That's crazy.

Admit it Mike, you're just trying to jinx the Reds, congratulating them early, hoping they lose all their remaining games and the Cards win all their remaining games to win the division
    shh... stop exposing my ulterior motive

Nahh, I'm really not a big "jinx" guy. My congratulations is genuine.

One interesting thing about last night's game is that this is the first time in Cardinals history that 5 players have 20 home runs. Surprising that it has never happened before.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Reds won't lay down for anyone, but they will do what's in their best interest in resting guys who need it and setting up their rotation for the playoffs. As they already started to do.

Whomever faces Atlanta in the wild card playoff will have to face a scorching hot Medlen, who is 8-0 in 10 starts since joning the rotation, giving up just 6 runs in 70.2 innuing, for a 0.76 ERA. He's easily been the majors best pitcher since rejoining the Braves.

If Atlanta wins that game, Medlen will only be able to face either Washington or Cincy once in the subsequent 5 game series.

For a Level Playing Field

One interesting thing about last night's game is that this is the first time in Cardinals history that 5 players have 20 home runs. Surprising that it has never happened before.
    That is surprising. My first thought when reading this was to blame Whitey Herzog lol. They used to say during the Astroturf days that they were built for speed and/or the fastest team in baseball.

Mike, you are and have always been a class act regarding the Reds/Cards rivalry. Props to you, good sir.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Congrats to the Reds for winning the Central Division. You guys had a great year .
    So...How is Chris Carpenter going to explain this to his son?

Since someone was going to say it anyway, it might as well be me.

Turn Off Ads?