Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the Reds clinched a losing season today

So the Reds clinched a losing season today

feels bad man
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Re: So the Reds clinched a losing season today

dislike.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Despite what the crowd who says, "who cares, prepare for next year" says, I feel like this result is very bad from a morale standpoint for the team and the fans.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

So the losing hasn't stopped?

Go Gators!

I just curious but where do the Reds go from here and what are the moves that need to be made in the off season? I know probably getting a more reliable 3rd baseman is on the agenda but what other moves do you all see?

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Despite what the crowd who says, "who cares, prepare for next year" says, I feel like this result is very bad from a morale standpoint for the team and the fans.
    Totally agree. While this poor season may not necessary signal doom for 2012 and beyond, it does crush the momentum we built in 2010, and certainly hurts the perception of the fanbase, etc. It is as if the Reds didn't even give their fans a chance to embrace a winner before they started to stink again.

To me at least, 2010 seems surreal... Like it was a dream. It's as if it never happened... Ten years of misery, 2010, then back to misery. It's an odd feeling.

Not the "worst" season in my lifetime as a fan, but easily the most disappointing.

Everyone would rather win more games than they lose in any season.

I just don't believe finishing this season with an 82-80 record would be any less disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

I just don't believe finishing this season with an 82-80 record would be any less disappointing.
    Yep.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

2010 was a losing season too. It may have offered more hope for winning than say 2005, but a losing season it was. The Reds last had a winning season in 1990. 1976 was the last one before that.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I just curious but where do the Reds go from here and what are the moves that need to be made in the off season? I know probably getting a more reliable 3rd baseman is on the agenda but what other moves do you all see?
    I think they'll stay the course for the most part and continue to develop the younger players. I don't think you'll see any monster moves in the off-season.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I think they'll stay the course for the most part and continue to develop the younger players. I don't think you'll see any monster moves in the off-season.
    And they'll finsih third again if they do that.

They need a "monster move" to add a starting pitcher of fairly high caliber. If that move involves Votto, Bruce or Alonso going the other way, then they'll need a bat too.

As far as 3B goes, I'm ok with Rolen, Francisco and a touch of Frazier and Cairo. The Reds have bigger needs.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    3rd base isn't one of their bigger holes. Rolen says he feels better than he has in 4 yrs and after him they have Juan Francisco. LF is the likliest position to be addressed in the off season along with some help for the bullpen.

More than anything they'll need more money to consistently compete with your Cards. We as fans can say what we want but at the end of the day, St Louis has an extra $30mill to spend that our Reds don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    2010 was a losing season too. It may have offered more hope for winning than say 2005, but a losing season it was. The Reds last had a winning season in 1990. 1976 was the last one before that.
    You mean winning a WS? not a winning season. They had more than a few winning seasons from 1976-1990 and a few more from 1990 until 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

There's a huge psychological difference between 82-80 and 80-82. Yes, the season is still a disappointment, but being able to salvage a little pride and call yourself a winning team is a whole lot better than the knowledge that you were losers that year.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Only one team has one of your "winning seasons", but many others are able to foster a winning atmosphere for their fans and organization. Year after year in some cases. That way, you are always in the mix and always ready to seize the chance to win the championship. This year was a set back in more ways than not winning a championship, or even a division, or a wild card, or a won/loss record. Attendance and fan interest is the life blood of the Reds and the future, one in which you'd like to "win a season", depends on it.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Turn Off Ads?