RF - Bruce
    C - Hanigan

1SP- Cueto
    2SP - Arroyo
    3SP - Homer
    4SP - Jackson
    5SP - Chapman

Closer - Masset or Volquez

FA's to target. Well, I would like to get a Right Handed Bat- Josh Willingham comes to mind.

On the pitching side, I would like to see the REds go after Edwin Jackson. If they could trade Stubbs, I would strongly encourage that for 3B/SS/Bullpen help.

I dont see Volquez ever being a starter again for the Reds...maybe I am wrong. Going on potential alone...a 5 man rotation of

1- Cueto
    2 - Edwin Jackson
    3- Homer
    4 - Wood/Leake
    5 - Volquez would be amazing.

but, no one will want Arroyo, Rolens worthless a.ss is still around, and they would need to find a place to play Wilingham. Volquez is just terrible, so I dont know what do with him, a chance to close maybe but he blows in the 1st inning.

I would strongly encourage rolen to retire, or just cut him. He has no place on the team. Perhaps as a utility backup at 3rd
    Last edited by IWasBornInCincy; 09-26-2011 at 01:07 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2012 Lineup.

francisco needs to play every day he has great powr

volquez is garbage cant do anything but dazzle you with potential

stubbs must go

Quote Originally Posted by IWasBornInCincy View Post

1B- Votto
    2B - BP
    SS - Cozart
    3B - Rolen
    LF- Heisey/Yonder platoon
    CF- Stubbs
    RF - Bruce
    C - Hanigan/Devin split

1SP- Cueto
    2SP - Leak
    3SP - Bronson
    4SP - Homer
    5SP - Wood

Closer - Co-Co

FA's to target. Well, I would like to get a Right Handed Bat- Josh Willingham comes to mind.

No FA's will be brought in unless they are very very low priced.
    On the pitching side, I would like to see the REds go after Edwin Jackson. If they could trade Stubbs, I would strongly encourage that for 3B/SS/Bullpen help.

What does Edwin bring that we don't already have?

I dont see Volquez ever being a starter again for the Reds...maybe I am wrong. Going on potential alone...a 5 man rotation of

1- Cueto
    2 - Edwin Jackson
    3- Homer
    4 - Wood/Leake
    5 - Volquez would be amazing.

but, no one will want Arroyo, Rolens worthless a.ss is still around, and they would need to find a place to play Wilingham. Volquez is just terrible, so I dont know what do with him, a chance to close maybe but he blows in the 1st inning.

I would strongly encourage rolen to retire, or just cut him. He has no place on the team. Perhaps as a utility backup at 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    francisco needs to play every day he has great powr

volquez is garbage cant do anything but dazzle you with potential

stubbs must go
    Francisco is Willy Mo Pena

Stubbs needs some serious work with a qualified hitting coach, still to early to dump yet

Volquez needs time with someone who can work him through his mental aspect of the game.

disagree look at the stats for francisco instead of opining
    stubbs overrated overhyped , ridiculous number of strikeouts
    yes send volquez to a psychiatrist but dont pitch him

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Francisco is Willy Mo Pena

Stubbs needs some serious work with a qualified hitting coach, still to early to dump yet

Volquez needs time with someone who can work him through his mental aspect of the game.
    Not saying Francisco is gonna be great or anything. I don't think it's fair to call him Wily Mo Pena though, he's shown a lot of promise.

Answer: Um...Edwin Jackson would be tied for the lead in Wins for the Reds, and he would be 2nd in Starters ERA behind only Cueto.

He would also be 1st on the team in IP and K's...But I guess you already knew that. I love the Rolen backers still believing he is a starter in the Majors. Yikes.

francisco has way more potential than pena, francisco is a good fielder , francisco hits doubles and does not strike out as much as stubbs

Quote Originally Posted by IWasBornInCincy View Post

Answer: Um...Edwin Jackson would be tied for the lead in Wins for the Reds, and he would be 2nd in Starters ERA behind only Cueto.

He would also be 1st on the team in IP and K's...But I guess you already knew that. I love the Rolen backers still believing he is a starter in the Majors. Yikes.
    Umm ranking pitchers on wins is not a very good way to rank them. As for ERA, true, but are you going by his numbers in St. Louis or career? Bronson pitches a ton of innings and since our pitchers not not strike out guys that ain't saying much. If Jackson is all that how come he has pitched for so many teams? I mean really he has a very interesting past, I find it hard to believe that other teams would just give him away if he had all this great talent.

francisco has way more potential than pena, francisco is a good fielder , francisco hits doubles and does not strike out as much as stubbs
    I would say he is getting better at fielding, but is not to "good" just yet. He also his swing is still to much out of control swing for the fence type. He may mature and get better, but he is not ready for prime time just yet.

disagree as usual his upside is so m uch higher than rolen who is on the end of his career, since we dont agree on anything , lets agree to disagree the reds need to try peoplke like francisoc and not keep playing the strikeout machine your hero stubbs

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Jackson too much money. I'd rather make a trade for Shields or some up and comer with better numbers that is under contract (like Shields).

Rolen was injured. If healthy, he is the best option. If not, then you are correct sir. But then again, Volquez looked like the real deal back when he garnered Cy Young votes. But once he got injured, he wasn't quite up to snuff. So being injured has alot to do with value.

disagree as usual his upside is so m uch higher than rolen who is on the end of his career, since we dont agree on anything , lets agree to disagree the reds need to try peoplke like francisoc and not keep playing the strikeout machine your hero stubbs
    so Juan can improve his game but Stubbs can't?

Does it bother anyone that Rolen missed the whole month of September? He has surgery and claims he feels better and has more range of motion in his shoulder than he has had for years. He is close to coming back. Gets sore from too much batting practice one day. And then the soreness lingers and lingers. I am not getting good vibes from all that. It does not auger well for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Does it bother anyone that Rolen missed the whole month of September? He has surgery and claims he feels better and has more range of motion in his shoulder than he has had for years. He is close to coming back. Gets sore from too much batting practice one day. And then the soreness lingers and lingers. I am not getting good vibes from all that. It does not auger well for next season.
    Not surprised at all, at his age the body takes longer to heal, to think he can have that kind of surgery and be back at 100% this season was a pipe dream. A full offseason and then we can tell if his body is able to go or not. Look at Peyton Manning with the Colts, you just don't rebound health wise when you are there age...

Turn Off Ads?