Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hotel reservations for playoffs

Hotel reservations for playoffs

I'm curious as to how fellow out-of-towners such as myself are handling their hotel reservations for the playoffs. Are you just booking multiple dates now, then canceling as needed once the official dates for the games have been determined?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hotel reservations for playoffs

I've decided to wait until I know for sure and hit Priceline, Expedia, etc and hope to get close. The gouging has begun with one place wanting a two night minimum. I could stay as far away as Florence or the like. I don't mind driving in.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

I normally stay in Erlanger and drive in. In my experience, the discount on the room is worth the extra driving.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

For those of you making reservations I would recommend waiting several days as seeding becomes clearer.

If the Reds end up the one seed the first home game should be Wednesday October 10th.

If the Reds end up the two seed the first home game would be Tuesday October 9th.

If they would up the three seed which is unlikely but still possible the first home game would be Saturday October 6th.

Check out the Garfield Suites. It's w/in walking distance of the stadium. I stayed there this summer and it was very convenient. A quick check now showed dates Oct. 9-11 at $99/night for a 1 bedroom condo (w/kitchen). Of course if they end up the 3 seed, that changes things.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Residence Inn by Marriott on East Fourth, near the Taft Museum of Art, is very close to the ballpark and it's a great hotel.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Residence Inn by Marriott on East Fourth, near the Taft Museum of Art, is very close to the ballpark and it's a great hotel.

Best hotel in my view if you want to be close to the ball park and downtown, and you want/need a suite with kitchen facilities. I always try and stay at the Residence Inns wherever I travel.

Turn Off Ads?