Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Draft Order

Draft Order

After 161 games for the Reds the final game does matter, looks like we are sitting at about the #13 pick in next years draft. A win could bump us back a handful of spots today, I may have my fingers crossed for a Volquez blow up today!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Draft Order

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    After 161 games for the Reds the final game does matter, looks like we are sitting at about the #13 pick in next years draft. A win could bump us back a handful of spots today, I may have my fingers crossed for a Volquez blow up today!
    Me too!
    Go BLUE!!!

Looks like the Reds 1st round pick will be protected just in case they decide to go after a good FA.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Looks like the Reds 1st round pick will be protected just in case they decide to go after a good FA.
    That's one good thing to take away from a losing season.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I cannot remember the last time I was actually happy with a Reds loss.

I would have preferred a slugfest with Bruce getting his 100 RBI's (and Votto his 30th HR), but I'll take it. Now I hope they can make some great offseason moves and use the stench of this season to give the organization and team motivation to turn it around in 2012.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

So, we're drafting 13th or 14th? We finished with the same record as the White Sox. There are 12 teams with worse final records than the Reds, so it looks like we're 13th or 14th depending on what the tiebreaker is with the Pale Hose.

We are picking 14th according to MLBtraderumors.com link to the reverse standings. The Whitesox had a worse record than the reds last year. That is the tiebreaker.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/reversestandings/

* Chicago White Sox

* Cincinnati Reds

*All 15 teams that finish in the lower half of the standings have protected first round picks in the following year's draft.

*If two teams have the same record, the higher draft pick goes to the team that finished with a lower winning percentage in the previous season.
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 09-28-2011 at 10:58 PM.

VERY early names to watch:

Nick Williams HS OF
    Trey Williams HS 3B
    Joey Gallo HS 3B
    Devin Marrero ASU SS
    Taylore Cherry HS RHP (local)

Appel and McCullers are the two top arms available at this point. I'd like to see another pitcher this year, or a guy with light-tower power.
    Go BLUE!!!

Really looking forward to the draft. It's much deeper this upcoming year.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Really looking forward to the draft. It's much deeper this upcoming year.
    If that is true, then it may be the best draft of all time. The 2011 draft was supposed to be deeper than any draft in a long time. The Reds got a guy in the mid 20's who probably would have gone in the top 10 in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    If that is true, then it may be the best draft of all time. The 2011 draft was supposed to be deeper than any draft in a long time. The Reds got a guy in the mid 20's who probably would have gone in the top 10 in 2010.
    Actually, on 2nd thought, deeper is probably not the right word. More top end talent higher in the draft is more apt.

Turn Off Ads?