Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terry Francona

Terry Francona

Word is he is out as Red Sox manager at season end unless they win the World Series....would you take him as Reds manager?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Terry Francona

in less than 1 nanosecond

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    in less than 1 nanosecond
    But reports out of Boston are that Terry is a players manager and that is why is being let go because he doesn't push players and not a in your face type of guy, which is exactly what dusty is...so how would the change be better?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I want Davey Johnson. This team makes the playoffs with Johnson at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I want Davey Johnson. This team makes the playoffs with Johnson at the helm.
    Johnson is okay, but seeing the talent and performances by the Brew Crew this season, the manager of the Reds isn't enough of a difference this year to put the Reds over them. Now next year and down the road that is different.

You are all morons if you believe this. Francona is on a string of 8 consecutive winning seasons. Has 2 WS rings in Boston in the last 7 years, He is 193 Games over .500 as the Red Sox skipper, has won over 94 games 5 times in 8 seasons, and this year may be his 6th playoff appearance in 8 seasons. Jesus Christ. Dusty Baker compared to Francona..hahaha. delusional

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IWasBornInCincy View Post
    You are all morons if you believe this. Francona is on a string of 8 consecutive winning seasons. Has 2 WS rings in Boston in the last 7 years, He is 193 Games over .500 as the Red Sox skipper, has won over 94 games 5 times in 8 seasons, and this year may be his 6th playoff appearance in 8 seasons. Jesus Christ. Dusty Baker compared to Francona..hahaha. delusional
    And how much is the Red Sox payroll?

I think I could manage the Yankees, Red Sox, or Phillies to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasBornInCincy View Post
    Believe what? they he will be dimissed after the season or that he is better then Dusty Baker?

haha. Both

You are all morons if you believe this.
    Believe what? they he will be dimissed after the season or that he is better then Dusty Baker?
    haha. Both
    I guess that means you think Dusty is the better manager. You just said so.

Oh man...you got me! If you honestly think Dusty is a good manager, and better than say a francona, you probably also think Rolen is a good 3b and Bruce is a legit star in RF

In fours years as manager of Philadelphia, Francona had a 285-363 record. No winning seasons. No playoffs. No WS rings. Amazing how smart a manager gets when he hooks up with a team that buys whichever player it needs.

Lol. the phillies had like the lowest payroll in baseball when Francona was the manager....or I bet you didnt know that. Since 2000, they have gone from 45 Million payroll to over 165 Mill today. I guess Charlie Manuel is a bad manager....I guess no manager of a big spending team is a good manager. Hell..Dusty has managed more MVP's than Francona.

So when Francona is fired at season end what will you say then?

In 1997 Philadelphia had the 17th highest team payroll. Hardly 'like the lowest'. In his last season in 2000, Philadelphia had the 20th highest. Once again, hardly 'like the lowest'. His team won 65 games. Now that actually for 'like the lowest'. In 2001 the Phillies had the 24th highest, even lower. Larry Bowa could only manage 86 wins. 21 more than Francona won the year before.

Turn Off Ads?