Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Mets - Wed. 9/28/11

Re: Reds vs. Mets - Wed. 9/28/11

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    I think he may have left so that he can (hopefully) lock up the NL batting title. Dusty might not the only one helping players get their stats...
    It happens all the time I believe.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How long does it take for Guillen and Hanley Ramirez to have a little dustup?

In 19 starts this year Edinson Volquez has made it into the 7th inning exactly twice.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If the Reds had to win this game to make the playoffs, Phillips is out there. No questions asked. I would even add that if Phillips was sitting at .299 he is in the game.
    What makes you say that? Phillips has never been that kinda guy, ever. He's played through broken bones, and there is a slim chance this would be his last game in a Reds uniform.

I think he would probably gut it out if we were in the playoff hunt, but I highly doubt he's sitting because he's over .300. They probably just don't want to risk making the injury worse in a meaningless game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    What makes you say that? Phillips has never been that kinda guy, ever. He's played through broken bones, and there is a slim chance this would be his last game in a Reds uniform.

I think he would probably gut it out if we were in the playoff hunt, but I highly doubt he's sitting because he's over .300. They probably just don't want to risk making the injury worse in a meaningless game.
    The next scheduled game is in six months. It's like you said, he's played through broken bones. If he is sitting at .299 he is out there. JMO.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-28-2011 at 02:53 PM.

The next scheduled game is in six months.
    I realize that, but if BP has been anything for us he's been a gamer. It's either bothering him more than we know, or management decided it makes zero sense to play a guy that isn't healthy in a meaningless game.

Both are way more likely than BP not wanting to play because he's hitting .300.

Heisey sends the left fielder to the wall.

Milton Bradley back in the news. That is one troubled individual.

According to Andrew Blankstein of the Los Angeles Times, Milton Bradley was arrested Tuesday afternoon on suspicion of felony battery.

Is Miguel Bautista really shutting us out? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I realize that, but if BP has been anything for us he's been a gamer. It's either bothering him more than we know, or management decided it makes zero sense to play a guy that isn't healthy in a meaningless game.

Both are way more likely than BP not wanting to play because he's hitting .300.
    It seems that there was such a concerted effort to get players their numbers that I am a little skeptical. For example, they would have let Arroyo throw 150 pitches last night if they could have possibly gotten him to 200 innings pitched on the year. And this is they guy everyone is whining about being not 100% physically the whole season. Mono would not have mattered one bit last night. You see things like that and you wonder.

I wonder if EV knows it's the 7th inning?

It seems that there was such a concerted effort to get players their numbers that I am a little skeptical. For example, they would have let Arroyo throw 150 pitches last night if they could have possibly gotten him to 200 innings pitched on the year. And this is they guy everyone is whining about being not 100% physically the whole season. Mono would not have mattered one bit last night. You see things like that and you wonder.
    Yeah I get what you're saying. I just think there is a difference between trying to go out and get the numbers and sitting to preserve them. I have no problem with guys trying to reach goals now that the season is dead and over. Sitting so you don't suck and make them worse is different, and I'd hope none of our guys would do that.

Volquez with a quality start. Wouldn't it be nice if the light in his head finally clicked on?

Like Reyes bunting for a hit and leaving the game. That was lame. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes some heat from the media for it.

I wasn't listening then. But I sure hope he hobbled over to the dugout when he came out.

Turn Off Ads?