Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reds vs. Mets - Wed. 9/28/11

Re: Reds vs. Mets - Wed. 9/28/11

Not one single hit after a leadoff double by Chris Heisey in the second freaking inning. I'd call that a fitting way to cap the year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

To me today's game reflects exactly what is wrong with this team the entire season. Your pitching gives up 3 runs and you can't even put up 3 hits against a very questionable pitching staff. So Reds go out and get an ace...we still lose 2-0, 1-0 and so on...

but you should be elated your hero stubbs did his job

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    but you should be elated your hero stubbs did his job
    He has done his job all season...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    To me today's game reflects exactly what is wrong with this team the entire season. Your pitching gives up 3 runs and you can't even put up 3 hits against a very questionable pitching staff. So Reds go out and get an ace...we still lose 2-0, 1-0 and so on...
    This is a joke, right? Once again using the old brm double standard. I didn't see you whining on here last night when Bronson gave up four but the Reds offense came back and won the game for them.

Welp, the season didn't go as any of us hoped it would. We had some exciting games and got to see a lot of our young guys potential though. BP's walkoff against the Cards and opening day will stick out as my favorite moments. Thanks to all of the guys that made threads and put in the time to pbp on here.

Here's to a better 2012

brm says stubbs has done his job all season

stubbs must be a mole for the cardinals if one of the reds fans thinks stubbs has done his job

brm says stubbs has done his job all season

stubbs must be a mole for the cardinals if one of the reds fans thinks stubbs has done his job
    He did what the Reds asked of him, again if he hadn't he would have been benched or sent down...was he?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    This is a joke, right? Once again using the old brm double standard. I didn't see you whining on here last night when Bronson gave up four but the Reds offense came back and won the game for them.
    They shouldn't have "had" to come back, they should have pounded Met pitching, but since our offense lacks some punch we had to struggle. I have no problem with Bronsons outing last night, again our offense didn't show up? BTW who drove in the winning run and how?

he did what the reds asked of him, not really, he occupied a lead off slot and struck out all the time, only in bakers bizarro world is that doing the job,
    in a real city he would have benched in JUNE

he did what the reds asked of him, not really, he occupied a lead off slot and struck out all the time, only in bakers bizarro world is that doing the job,
    in a real city he would have benched in JUNE
    You don't know that, again without having all the facts you are assuming alot. I do agree Stubbs should not have been in teh leadoff spot, but again that is out of his control and he can only hit where told. So he did what his boss told him to do and yet you want to penalize him and not mag't.

Turn Off Ads?