Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn Lowest BA in Baseball History

Re: Adam Dunn Lowest BA in Baseball History

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I believe it has to do with the inability to judge talent and a rush to judgement off very little data.
    Very little data? Three years in at a big-time college he couldn't make contact. Four years in the minor he couldn't make contact. Two years in the majors he can't make contact. Stubbs cannot make consistent contact. I think that is pretty much a given by now. That is if a person opens their eyes and wants to stop make every excuse in the book for a player.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    From the looks of the season just turned in by Reds Mismanagement, what they think doesn't really amount to much either.
    With Dusty I would agree to apoint, but with Walt without having access to all the information he has, we don't know.

With Dusty I would agree to apoint, but with Walt without having access to all the information he has, we don't know.
    Everyone else seems to be able to get deals done. Poor Walt. He must be the unluckiest GM in the history of baseball. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

Let's see now. The Reds were 13-2 when Chris Heisey started in Center. But Stubbs is really, really fast. Unfortunately, really, really fast is probably gonna win out.

Very little data? Three years in at a big-time college he couldn't make contact. Four years in the minor he couldn't make contact. Two years in the majors he can't make contact. Stubbs cannot make consistent contact. I think that is pretty much a given by now. That is if a person opens their eyes and wants to stop make every excuse in the book for a player.
    Not asking him to be a great hitter just a good hitter which I think with the right approach and hitter he can be. No he will never be a .300+ hitter with a great OBP, but he doesn't have to be. I want him also because of what he can do in the field and what he can do when he gets on base. Is he the perfect answer, probably not but right now, Stubbs in CF is the best option the Reds have.

Let's see now. The Reds were 13-2 when Chris Heisey started in Center. But Stubbs is really, really fast. Unfortunately, really, really fast is probably gonna win out.
    Wow a 15 game sample size...welll lets bet the farm on that sample size...

Wow a 15 game sample size...welll lets bet the farm on that sample size...
    Yes. 15 games. And the simple fact that Heisey was the better player. But let's not a little thing like that bother us.

Everyone else seems to be able to get deals done. Poor Walt. He must be the unluckiest GM in the history of baseball. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride.
    Not true, eveyone else didn't get deals done, there were a TON of players who most/many thought would be moved at the tradeing deadline and were not. Again without all the details we don't know why Walt didn't make any moves.

Not true, eveyone else didn't get deals done, there were a TON of players who most/many thought would be moved at the tradeing deadline and were not. Again without all the details we don't know why Walt didn't make any moves.
    Well then I guess there is no need to have a message board. Because how often is Joe Fan going to have all the details? Right around never? What a weak excuse.

Yes. 15 games. And the simple fact that Heisey was the better player. But let's not a little thing like that bother us.
    He was better because Dusty played him in games where Dusty felt it favored him. We have no idea how Heisey's overall numbers would be if he played say 145-155 games. I sure would see and put him in LF with Stubbs in CF and Bruce in right, but until Dusty does that, a small sample size is not something you can go off of. I mean if we look at the small sample size numbers Devin put up while called up I would question his ability to hit on the major league level and maybe would think he needs another full season in AAA to refine those hitting abilities...

oh dusty is so brilliant he can "predict" games thant favor heisey,
    if he were that smart the reds would win all their games, heisey out played stubbs because he is BETTER, you ll never get it, stubbs and cecil espy should compete for the 8th outfield position

Well then I guess there is no need to have a message board. Because how often is Joe Fan going to have all the details? Right around never? What a weak excuse.
    so you want to make claims and statements based of not having all the facts? It's okay to talk, but to state that Walt did or didn't do something and was stupid for that action isn't far without all the knowledge. To a degree we have to allow the same for Dusty because again we don't have full knowledge and info that he has.

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    oh dusty is so brilliant he can "predict" games thant favor heisey,
    if he were that smart the reds would win all their games, heisey out played stubbs because he is BETTER, you ll never get it, stubbs and cecil espy should compete for the 8th outfield position
    It just kills you that Dusty has more knowledge of the game and his players then you do.....

brilliant ripose, why dont you and stubbs and arroyo and cairo and renteria go get promoted to old reg guard

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    brilliant ripose, why dont you and stubbs and arroyo and cairo and renteria go get promoted to old reg guard
    It's the truth, it just kills you that the manager of your team actually have access to more info on players and abilities and in turn how to use those players then you do. Because if it didn't you woulnd't be so upset? I have issue with Dusty and Walt both, but I also understand that no matter what I know, they know more and both have a better ability to handle a major league team/franchise then I ever will.

Turn Off Ads?