Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

Hybrid View

Congratulations to the Cardinals...

They played the game like professionals this year, after they got rid of some toxic ex-Reds from last year. LaRussa deserves Manager of the Year.

The Reds, of course, decided to end the season a little early. Unentertaining, unprofessional play. Dusty blames injuries. The Cards had it much worse than the Reds: lost Wainwright, Friese out for 3 months, Pujols hideous start along with contract hoo-hah. No closer. The Reds, with the best talent in the division, folded-up easy again... I blame Castellini--his dogged holding on to Dusty is KILLING this team. I hope the season ticket buyers flee, and bite him in the butt for it.

The only game plan the Reds seem to ever put into play is "flail and hurl." There are some players who take a professional approach: Votto, Rolen, Phillips, and a few others, but the rest of the team is a wreck. A well managed team will beat the Reds consistently, no matter what the talent.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

I'm just surprised LaRussa and Carpenter aren't complaining about how the Phillies took so long to beat the Braves.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    They played the game like professionals this year, after they got rid of some toxic ex-Reds from last year.
    I'm surprised that the Cards managed to win with ex-Reds Lohse and Rhodes on the team this year?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I'm surprised that the Cards managed to win with ex-Reds Lohse and Rhodes on the team this year?
    Lohse was a surprise. Rhodes doesn't count--I'm talking about players from the Griffey/Dunn Golden Years.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Lohse was a surprise. Rhodes doesn't count--I'm talking about players from the Griffey/Dunn Golden Years.
    Hold on.....other teams can pin their failures on Griffey and Dunn too? How many degrees of separation can there be still blame Griff/Dunn? I bet we could eventually figure out a way for the Braves and Red Sox to realize there problems were out of their control.
    "three dimes, a one hundred dollar bill and and 87 ones..."

Congratulations to the Cardinals. It was an epic run. Now I hope they are done in three games.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Congratulations to the Cardinals. It was an epic run. Now I hope they are done in three games.
    Amen. I can never cheer for them; just can't.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Gibson deserves manager of the year, LaRussa deserves a bib and rattle

Great example of why you continue to play and try to win to the bitter end. We had more than a few posters eager to throw in the towel and play the Louisville lineup as early as July -- and they more or less got what they wanted. I wish the Reds had grinded things out the same way the Cardinals had.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic View Post
    Great example of why you continue to play and try to win to the bitter end. We had more than a few posters eager to throw in the towel and play the Louisville lineup as early as July -- and they more or less got what they wanted. I wish the Reds had grinded things out the same way the Cardinals had.

Cards really had no minor leaguers to play.

Their best prospects are in A and AA ball, so it's not like they wanted to see what some likely 2012 starters might do.

Their current team is their 2012 team, minus a PooHole or two.

There was a point after I had given up on the Reds that they were only a few games behind the Cards.I obviously thought they were done as well and actually had little doubt that the Reds would overtake them for second place in the division.

Yeah, that 79-83 record would have been something to be proud of...wait...what? The team played just as well with the young guys as it did with the awesome veterans...hilarious!

Bum

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Exactly.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'll third that. The Reds need someone that can light a fire under the players' butts instead of being concerned about them making their 'numbers'. I mentioned Gibson back in about June or July and I tip my hat to him. He should be the NL Manager of the Year.

Fire Dusty now; don't waste another year on his sillyness.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    I'll third that. The Reds need someone that can light a fire under the players' butts instead of being concerned about them making their 'numbers'. I mentioned Gibson back in about June or July and I tip my hat to him. He should be the NL Manager of the Year.

Fire Dusty now; don't waste another year on his sillyness.

Rem
    They're not going to pay him $3 million to go away, and pay someone else to manage.

Turn Off Ads?