Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 146

Thread: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

  1. #16
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,654

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    Dusty pitched much better last year did he not?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,123

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    And while I'm at it, congrats to the Brewers as well.

    I think the Reds can look at the 2 NL Central teams in the playoffs and learn some lessons. 2 different lessons, but they are very key ones.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  4. #18
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,308

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Lohse was a surprise. Rhodes doesn't count--I'm talking about players from the Griffey/Dunn Golden Years.
    Hold on.....other teams can pin their failures on Griffey and Dunn too? How many degrees of separation can there be still blame Griff/Dunn? I bet we could eventually figure out a way for the Braves and Red Sox to realize there problems were out of their control.

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,628

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    II remember a game from earlier this year where the Reds had a big lead on the Cardinals in the late innings and LaRussa made all of his moves to get back in it. I can't recall the specifics, but he was within one batter/pitcher of throwing in the towel and I remember feeling shocked and thinking "holy crap, Abner LaRussa is actually going to give up". But something worked and then the Reds blew the lead and the game.
    I think you are referring to the game the Reds lead by a bunch going into the last inning and Chapman was brought in to pitch and walked like 5 batters.

    The Specifics:

    Reds won 9-7. Larussa's moves consisted of PH for Jay (because Chapman was in) and PH for the pitcher. His best non-move was letting an obvious tiring Carpenter in to hit in the top of the 7th trailing 4-2, and then watching as Carpenter game up 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th to break the game wide open.

  6. #20
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,228

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I think you are referring to the game the Reds lead by a bunch going into the last inning and Chapman was brought in to pitch and walked like 5 batters.

    The Specifics:

    Reds won 9-7. Larussa's moves consisted of PH for Jay (because Chapman was in) and PH for the pitcher. His best non-move was letting an obvious tiring Carpenter in to hit in the top of the 7th trailing 4-2, and then watching as Carpenter game up 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th to break the game wide open.
    IIRC, LaRussa didn't manage that game. He was back home with a case of shingles and missed that series.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  7. #21
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,725

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    Screw the Cardinals. Go Phils. Go D-Backs. Then go D-Backs.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  8. #22
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,658

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Screw the Cardinals. Go Phils. Go D-Backs. Then go D-Backs.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

  9. #23
    Member Redlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Outer view seats
    Posts
    842

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    I cannot stand the St. Louis Cardinals. They had a great run and deserve their spot, but I'll be damned if I'm going to congratulate them or their fans on anything. I would love nothing more than to see the Phillies dismantle them as bad or worse than they did our beloved Reds team last season.

    Screw those whiney, beyotches!
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

  10. #24
    OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    594

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    ABWLBs.

  11. #25
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,659

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    I will congratulate the Cardinals on the same day I congratulate the Michigan Wolverines and the 70s Dodgers. Makes me sick to my stomach even considering it.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  12. #26
    Member Superdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,790

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    I cannot stand the St. Louis Cardinals. They had a great run and deserve their spot, but I'll be damned if I'm going to congratulate them or their fans on anything. I would love nothing more than to see the Phillies dismantle them as bad or worse than they did our beloved Reds team last season.

    Screw those whiney, beyotches!
    Seconded. This thread is just gross

  13. #27
    Member crazybob60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    968

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I will congratulate the Cardinals on the same day I congratulate the Michigan Wolverines and the 70s Dodgers. Makes me sick to my stomach even considering it.
    I will third this. Except that I would never consider congratulating them. When I got to work this morning I sent an email to my buddy who is an avid Cards fan (bleh!) and said that it made me sick to my stomach knowing that the Cards backdoored their way into the playoffs this year.

  14. #28
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,045

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    I tip my cap to them. I am jealous. I wish we were the organization that they are. TLR managed like his hair was on fire the past few months.

    Have fun playing the Phillies. I don't think they fare differently than the 2010 Reds
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

  15. #29
    Member crazybob60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    968

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I tip my cap to them. I am jealous. I wish we were the organization that they are. TLR managed like his hair was on fire the past few months.

    Have fun playing the Phillies. I don't think they fare differently than the 2010 Reds
    You mean that thing under TLR's cap is hair?

  16. #30
    Member Redlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Outer view seats
    Posts
    842

    Re: Congratulations to the Cardinals...

    Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    You mean that thing under TLR's cap is hair?
    Well it sure as hell ain't animal fur. This we can be sure of.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25