Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    Joe Madden puts a sub .175 hitter up to hit with the game on the line against the Yankees on Wed night and the kid does deliver, but how many here would have been all over Dusty had he say pinched hit Janish with the season on the line?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    It was a really weird move that didn't make any sense. When things are going your way those kinda things work.

  4. #3
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,824

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    Not many people know this but Lady Cleo's last name is Maddon. By the way, Madden is an ex-football coach turned TV analyst. BOOM!

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    654

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    johnson has power ,janish is like stubbs , useless

  6. #5
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    He also made an odd choice tonight, pitching a guy with one MLB start in game 1 of a playoff series. The guy wouldn't have even been eligible to be on the postseason roster if there wasn't an injury.

  7. #6
    Bats fan extraordinaire!
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    98

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    The Dan Johnson - Paul Janish comparison is without a doubt apples and oranges. Johnson has power(as was pointed out) and Maddon was without a doubt looking for someone that had the potential to jerk one out and tie the game. More important than that though, Johnson has history(with the Rays, in a pennant chase) of coming up clutch in huge moments. So in spite of his rather pathetic batting average, one could at least see the logic behind Maddon's move. If he had pinch hit Reid Brignac in that situation that would be apples to apples with Janish.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,293

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Not many people know this but Lady Cleo's last name is Maddon. By the way, Madden is an ex-football coach turned TV analyst. BOOM!
    I ahve had Madden on my death card for a few years, yet he is still tickin somehow. His heart has to hate him.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    johnson has power ,janish is like stubbs , useless
    What power?

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    He also made an odd choice tonight, pitching a guy with one MLB start in game 1 of a playoff series. The guy wouldn't have even been eligible to be on the postseason roster if there wasn't an injury.
    I didn't even want to go there...the Rays manager is a fooooooool

  11. #10
    Bats fan extraordinaire!
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    98

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    What power?
    Johnson has hit as many as 18 hrs in a major league season and hit 30 in AAA in 2010... so I think saying he has power is pretty reasonable

  12. #11
    Bats fan extraordinaire!
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    98

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I didn't even want to go there...the Rays manager is a fooooooool
    Crazy like a fox... but he's no fool. To get what he got out of the roster he has is flat out amazing.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    Quote Originally Posted by HalKing View Post
    Johnson has hit as many as 18 hrs in a major league season and hit 30 in AAA in 2010... so I think saying he has power is pretty reasonable
    Stubbs had like 30 I think last season for the Reds didn't he? But according to some he is a bum. Also those are in the past and as I have been told don't mean anything, what did Johnson do THIS year.....

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    Quote Originally Posted by HalKing View Post
    Crazy like a fox... but he's no fool. To get what he got out of the roster he has is flat out amazing.
    Or is he blessed with a very good top of the order pitching rotation, some good key players? Joe is a good manager, but the Rays are a very flawed team.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,400

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Or is he blessed with a very good top of the order pitching rotation, some good key players? Joe is a good manager, but the Rays are a very flawed team.
    Very flawed team that won 91 games LOL. Ya OK every team is a 'flawed' team. The Phillies are a flawed team too..their pitchers can't hit a lick....come on....

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: How hard would Dusty have been slamed

    Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Very flawed team that won 91 games LOL. Ya OK every team is a 'flawed' team. The Phillies are a flawed team too..their pitchers can't hit a lick....come on....
    they are a very poor hitting team, and took a historic collapse by the Red Sox to get into the playoffs.

    The Reds I think won like 91 games last year and were a flawed team don't you think?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25