Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Postseason thread

2011 Postseason thread

I didn't see a thread dediacted to the playoffs & world series so i started one.

For those who missed tonight's game you need to see this:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=310930113

its his 2nd major league start!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2012 Postseason thread

I don't know about anyone else, but the absence of mashers in baseball this year is making me get back into watching the playoffs, despite the Reds not being there. More skill than just being able to hit a baseball far over the fences is going to decide who wins the World Series this year.
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but the absence of mashers in baseball this year is making me get back into watching the playoffs, despite the Reds not being there. More skill than just being able to hit a baseball far over the fences is going to decide who wins the World Series this year.
    Um.... the Giants won the World Series in 2010 and it had nothing to do with them hitting the ball over the fence.

Pretty dominant start from Gallardo puts the Brewers up 1-0 in their series with Arizona

Berkman with a 3 run jack off of Halladay in the first.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

This is probably the only series that could be dreamt up where I'm rooting for the Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    This is probably the only series that could be dreamt up where I'm rooting for the Cardinals
    I just can't do it. And who is that idiot sideline reporter dressed up like a pumpkin?
    Hacktastic: The Story of the 2014 Cincinnati Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    This is a great match-up if you look past the records and look at the match-ups. Pujols, Berkman and, when he's in there, Holliday can hit anybody. The Phillies rotation against the Cards middle of the order should be fun.

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

I think you guys are posting in the wrong thread. This is the 2012 Postseason thread.

Lets go Reds! (see what I did there?)

Ryan Howard homers to give the Phillies the lead.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    This is a great match-up if you look past the records and look at the match-ups. Pujols, Berkman and, when he's in there, Holliday can hit anybody. The Phillies rotation against the Cards middle of the order should be fun.
    Pujols has had little success ahsinst Hollday, Lee or Hamels in his career.

Berkman not particularly good agasnst LH pitching, though he's had some success against Lee and Hamels.

Holliday not hitting much these days, Cards better off with Craig in there. Holliday has had little success against any of the Phillies 4 big starters.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Ryan Howard homers to give the Phillies the lead.
    9-3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    9-3 now.
    11-3 now.

Rays are up 1-0 on Texas.

I just feel the need to point out that Derek Holland's mustache is so awful that it's mesmerizing.

And, to add something that someone else might actually care about, the Rangers are up 5-3 now.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?