Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: You are the GM... Left Field

Re: You are the GM... Left Field

The Cespedes video is back up!!!
    Yoenis Cespedes: The Showcase - YouTube

The really freaky physical stuff starts at about the 6:15 mark. This includes repeated 45" box jumps, 1300' leg press with two guys sitting on the machine, 6.3 60, benches 350. Sort of strikes me as Wily Mo meats Vlad. If baseball doesn't work out for him he would make a killing at the NFL combine!
    Last edited by klw; 11-08-2011 at 12:31 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This might be the kid the Reds need to solidy the club. It's a significant risk, but consider that they may have an edge with Chapman on the roster and Alonso/Grandal also having Cuban roots. (The only other team with a comparable Cuban presence is the White Sox, and supposedly they're pretty cashed strapped.)

You sign this kid and deal Votto for a boatload of pitching from Toronto (they have young arms in spades).

That, folks, is the kind of move an organization like the Reds may need to make to get to the next level and stay there for a while.

If the kid costs 50 million, that's many. many, many millions less than Votto would cost to keep around.

Well worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    This might be the kid the Reds need to solidy the club. It's a significant risk, but consider that they may have an edge with Chapman on the roster and Alonso/Grandal also having Cuban roots. (The only other team with a comparable Cuban presence is the White Sox, and supposedly they're pretty cashed strapped.)

You sign this kid and deal Votto for a boatload of pitching from Toronto (they have young arms in spades).

That, folks, is the kind of move an organization like the Reds may need to make to get to the next level and stay there for a while.

If the kid costs 50 million, that's many. many, many millions less than Votto would cost to keep around.

Well worth considering.

I agree, especially since you can find surplus value in young cost controlled arms in exchange for Votto. Still, I'd like to keep Votto this year and see if this Cuban guy can help in LF. That is, if the scouts think he can do it.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post

Well worth considering.
    Votto for Marisnick, Hutchison, Drabek, Deck McGuire, and Nestor Molina on top of a contract for Cespedes would suck on one hand, as Votto is exactly what you want Cespedes to be. But, on the other hand, it'd be a pretty phenomenal paradigm-shifting move by Cincinnati.

I'd do it.

I think.

At least, I'd do it today.

But I might not tomorrow.

Having done nothing more than internet research and having never seen any of those Toronto prospects, that looks like a huge haul. Not sure I would do it, but it is intriguing.

Turn Off Ads?