Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2012......Maybe

Re: NBA 2012......Maybe

Smith can stretch defenses. He's a better SG than anything they have now.

That starting lineup is looking really interesting now:
    Lin PG
    Smith SG
    Anthony SF
    Stoudamire PF
    Chandler C

Add in Baron Davis (when he finally gets in shape/ healthy), Novak, Fields, Harrison, and Shumpert and you've got some guys who can give you minutes too.

With luck, they just might get to second place in the Atlantic behind Philly and a top four seed in the playoffs. (Which is the real advantage here.)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

Lin PG
    Smith SG
    Anthony SF
    Stoudamire PF
    Chandler C
    I don't think they intend to start Smith, they like what Landry Fields brings on both ends of the floor. Like most of the other players on the team, he's been playing much better since Lin started playing.

Smith will be part of the second team along Shumpert, Novak, Jeffries, Baron Davis (if he ever gets healthy).

I'd expect Smith and Shumpert to be splitting 6th man duties depending on whether the Knicks are struggling offensively or defensively at the time.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

According to Comcast SportsNet New England, Rasheed Wallace is set to sign with the Lakers.
    Bye Bye, Pau?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

Lin PG
    Smith SG
    Anthony SF
    Stoudamire PF
    Chandler C

Add in Baron Davis (when he finally gets in shape/ healthy), Novak, Fields, Harrison, and Shumpert and you've got some guys who can give you minutes too.

With luck, they just might get to second place in the Atlantic behind Philly and a top four seed in the playoffs. (Which is the real advantage here.)
    This may sound crazy, but would anyone consider starting Baron when (or if) he is 100% and then play Lin mostly with the 2nd unit? Lin has trouble dealing with the elite defending PG's like Rondo and Chalmers. But, Lin worked so well with the second unit and has looked more lost with Amare and Carmelo in the lineup because neither of them compliment his particular skill set. Amare ends up standing on the baseline and doesn't attack the basket with Lin on the floor and Carmelo either gets iso's or end of the shot clock bail outs. Baron is better at setting up shooters than Lin , who is primarily looking to score. Plus, Baron plays up to his situation. Are you telling me you will get the best Baron when he is playing with Josh Harrelson and Jared Jeffries or Carmelo and Amare?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    This may sound crazy, but would anyone consider starting Baron when (or if) he is 100% and then play Lin mostly with the 2nd unit? Lin has trouble dealing with the elite defending PG's like Rondo and Chalmers. But, Lin worked so well with the second unit and has looked more lost with Amare and Carmelo in the lineup because neither of them compliment his particular skill set. Amare ends up standing on the baseline and doesn't attack the basket with Lin on the floor and Carmelo either gets iso's or end of the shot clock bail outs. Baron is better at setting up shooters than Lin , who is primarily looking to score. Plus, Baron plays up to his situation. Are you telling me you will get the best Baron when he is playing with Josh Harrelson and Jared Jeffries or Carmelo and Amare?
    Interesting idea. But which PG would you want on the court in the closing minutes of a close game?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Interesting idea. But which PG would you want on the court in the closing minutes of a close game?
    It depends on the opposing PG. If it is a lesser defensive PG (a Steve Nash, Mo Williams type), I'm happy with Lin. But, I don't want Lin going against a Rondo, Rose type. I'm not sure I want a PG who has trouble dribbling against good defenders. Baron is just so much more experienced in those situations.

Is anyone else as tired of the constant LeBron bashing? I can't believe how many people criticized him for that pass to Haslem in the Mlwaukee game. It was the absolute right play. Would you rather have a wide open free throw or a double teamed fade away 3? Also, UD has been struggling with his jumper all year, it is possible that LeBron is trying to build his confidence and let UD know that he believes in him.
    In a way, Kobe and Rose are the polar opposites. Their play at the end of games tells me that they simply don't trust anyone else. Rose made what was probably the dumbest shot I've ever seen (not taken by Wizard of course) against Milwaukee yesterday. Every defender and opposing coach would love him to take a step back 19 footer from the wing. Doesn't he realize that he has Deng and Korver, two knock down shooters who can help him close games. I absolutely despise Hero Ball and LeBron simply doesn't fall for it.

I would take LeBron on my team any time.

I've been tired of the Lebron bashing since "The Decision" when it became popular

Well, I'd take Lebron on my team any day and twice on Sundays. I consider him the best player in the NBA today.

But his 4th quarter fadeouts are a real thing. Frankly, I'll take a contested James 3 pointer over a wide-open 20 footer Haslem shot. James gets paid to take the money shot. There is a reason why Haslem (and other guys) are open. It's because the defense wants *them* to take the shots and not James (or Rose).

I think Lebron could stand to develop a little selfishness at the end of a game like Jordan or Kobe or Dirk or Durant. In the NBA, superstars make those shots, not a role player.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

LeBron James takes over Game 5! - YouTube

Yea, it was a while ago. But it's not like he has some sort of disease that makes him suck it up in the 4th quarter. In the finals, it seemed like he would really turn on the defense in the 4th. I'd say that may be part of the reason his stats are down in the 4th. Plus, you have 2 star players. There is no need for him to be like Kobe and shoot 9/31

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Well, I'd take Lebron on my team any day and twice on Sundays. I consider him the best player in the NBA today.

But his 4th quarter fadeouts are a real thing. Frankly, I'll take a contested James 3 pointer over a wide-open 20 footer Haslem shot. James gets paid to take the money shot. There is a reason why Haslem (and other guys) are open. It's because the defense wants *them* to take the shots and not James (or Rose).

I think Lebron could stand to develop a little selfishness at the end of a game like Jordan or Kobe or Dirk or Durant. In the NBA, superstars make those shots, not a role player.
    Durant's record on those shots? 3 for 23.

What do you say about this list?
    Paxson, Kerr, Horry, Fisher, Sean Elliott, Jason Terry, etc... LeBron is 0 for 11 on that shot in the last three years. But, if LeBron can create double teams and find open guys to make that shot, then he is putting his team in the best spot to win.

The reason superstars make those shots is that they don't let anyone else take them. Don't equate correlation with coincidence.

BTW, in that play where LeBron passed to Haslem against Milwaukee, what if it was Bosh standing at the top of the key?

I want my stars making the play, not necessarily the shot.
    Last edited by improbus; 03-10-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Durant's record on those shots? 3 for 23.

What do you say about this list?
    Paxson, Kerr, Horry, Fisher, Sean Elliott, Jason Terry, etc... LeBron is 0 for 11 on that shot in the last three years. But, if LeBron can create double teams and find open guys to make that shot, then he is putting his team in the best spot to win.

The reason superstars make those shots is that they don't let anyone else take them. Don't equate correlation with coincidence.

BTW, in that play where LeBron passed to Haslem against Milwaukee, what if it was Bosh standing at the top of the key?

I want my stars making the play, not necessarily the shot.
    Great post. I'm not a Lebron fan as much as I just love watching great basketball players and I think this 4th quarter bashing stuff is silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 03-10-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Rubio out for the year with a torn ACL. Too bad he's fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Great post. I'm not a Lebron fan as much as I just love watching great basketball players and I think this 4th quarter bashing stuff is silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lebron was solid in the 4th quarter and O.T last night. Nice effort by the Pacers, but they fell just short on the road.

Turn Off Ads?