Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2012......Maybe

Re: NBA 2012......Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Rubio out for the year with a torn ACL. Too bad he's fun to watch.
    It's a shame. The T-Wolves were a year ahead of schedule. However, their first round pick belongs to New Orleans via the Clippers via the Chris Paul deal.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lin struggles today 5 for 18, 7 assists, 6 turnovers. Knicks lose their fifth straight.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Anyone notice last nights Heat game? LeBron hits the big game tying three (and their last 8 points), then Bosh ties it near the end of overtime and Wade hits the buzzer beater. It's beautiful.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I've seen that image before. It is one of the points I like to make to people who don't like the NBA and give a reason straight out of central casting. "No one can make mid range jump shots." Here is the proof of why they don't bother taking them.

BTW, those green area midrangers might all be Kobe's shot attempts.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Houston Rockets made an official announcement today that they are changing the team's name to the Suns. Because they are slowly sinking into the West.

The dominoes are beginning to fall.

[QUOTEThe Milwaukee Bucks have traded Bogut and forward Stephen Jackson to the Golden State Warriors for Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown, sources confirmed to ESPN.com.][/QUOTE]

Mutaman, as a Bucks fan, what do you think of this deal?
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

I would hate to lose a great center like Bogut, but he is really injury prone. Jax is nothing but a bad contract. Addition by subtraction IMO.

Ellis is a good player. Kwame is an expiring. Udoh hasn't shown me anything promising at all.

IDK... pretty even trade if you ask me. I'd give an edge to GSW on the trade, if I had to pick an initial 'winner'

Udoh has a ton of talent and high upside. Monta Ellis is a 20/6/4 guy who takes bad shots. He's Russell Westbrook without the supporting cast.

Bogut is a very fine player-- when healthy. But he's never healthy. A 13/10/2 line as a starting center is respectful, but nothing special. And Stephen Jackson can be a 20/6/4 guy who takes really bad shots-- on the nights when he doesn't realize he's 33. Most of the time, at least at this point of his career, he's a very good bench guy capable of double figures and defense-- as long as he doesn't take too many stupid shots.

Advantage Milwaukee, IMO.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Well apparently Melo wants out in NY...and NY fans want D'Antoni and/or Melo out? Crazy how much a couple of weeks can change.

I'm not a huge NBA fan or anything so I don't follow that close, but the Nuggets got better after they traded Melo, the Knicks got better when he got hurt, and the Knicks got worse when he came back.

Some of it is them playing harder teams I know, but it would appear whatever they had working before is torn apart by him being back on the floor. Maybe he just ruins their chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Well apparently Melo wants out in NY...and NY fans want D'Antoni and/or Melo out? Crazy how much a couple of weeks can change.

I'm not a huge NBA fan or anything so I don't follow that close, but the Nuggets got better after they traded Melo, the Knicks got better when he got hurt, and the Knicks got worse when he came back.

Some of it is them playing harder teams I know, but it would appear whatever they had working before is torn apart by him being back on the floor. Maybe he just ruins their chemistry.
    I thought he just wanted in? Some players are just more trouble than they are worth. Maybe that tag fits Anthony. Maybe not. Wasn't it just a couple weeks ago people were hyping the Knicks? Melo, Stoudemire, Lin, Smith, Chandler.

Just read this. Melo wants to stay. Today anyway.

"I don't know where that came from. I'm tired of hearing it. It came out this morning from I guess an anonymous source. I'm tired of anonymous sources. I don't want to be traded. I don't know where that foolishness came from, so let's put a cap on that and make this the last time I hear about that."Anthony also denied there is a rift with Mike D'Antoni, saying he supported the coach "100 percent."

I think it has more to do with Melo being a horrible fit for D'Antoni's offense. I've heard that he is never where the play is designed for him to be because they aren't his sweet spots, and he never plays defense. D'Antoni's offense works well with people that are willing to run it, so they looked better when Melo was hurt.

Also, D'Antoni just resigned. What a terrible mess they have going on up there. I'd say they should trade Melo, but honestly I can't imagine many people would want to take on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

D'Antoni is out.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    D'Antoni is out.
    Must have been some kind of mess going on behind the scenes. I bet Melo is disappointed, seeing as how he supported D'Antoni 100%.

Sources confirm: Lakers, Wolves and Blazers discussing three-team deal. Michael Beasley to LA, Jamal Crawford to MIN, Steve Blake to POR.

Turn Off Ads?