Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2012......Maybe

Re: NBA 2012......Maybe

I don't think it should be that drastic. I guess you can say MWP has a violent past from his night in the Palace 8 years ago, but I don't think it's really that relevant here. Going into the stands is a different beast than something on the court.

Bynum got like what, 5 games for darn near breaking JJ Barea (who is about 1/3 of his size) in half last year. There's no precedent for a lengthy suspension like that. I'd say 3-5 games which would go into the playoffs would be fair. If Stern decides to include his past I think it could get longer, I don't think they will though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't see what he did wrong???

Clearly Hardin is an enemy of world peace and Ron Ron doesn't suffer enemies of world peace, he turns them into a world of pieces.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Harden hates world peace?

Very unfortunate.

Were I commissioner, Peace would receive a five-game suspension-- to be handed down during the playoffs.

At the end of those five games, he should then be made to apologize. If he doesn't, it's another game. Then another and so on.

If he wants to act like a child, he'll then be treated as a child.

Metta World Peace gets seven games. It may carry over into next season depending on how well/often the Lakers do in the playoffs.

Proud of my Jazz! Never thought this team would sniff the playoffs.

How has Enes progressed this season?

7 games for RonRon. Seems light.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    How has Enes progressed this season?
    I think he has been solid in the limited role he has right now. He still looks timid offensively at times, but you can see the potential for sure.

He is blocked by Jefferson, Milsap and Favors and recently Corbin has been putting all 3 of those guys out there at the same time.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    7 games for RonRon. Seems light.
    Normally, I'd agree. But he'll miss six playoff games, which is quite likely to be the entire opening series. In NBA accounting, that's probably worth 20 regular-season games.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Congratulations are in order for the Charlotte Bobcats. The worst team in NBA history. (Or very very close to it)

Anthony Davis, barring a minor miracle, would look good next to Bismarck Biyombo in the front court.

Add in a shooter (John Jenkins, Jeffrey Taylor, Darius Miller?) in the draft and share minutes with Gerald Henderson, who plays solid defense, has a solid mid-range game, and does nothing else well at all.

They'll also need to mine the free agent ranks for a point guard to share minutes with Kemba Walker. A Jameer Nelson would be great, as he could be instant offense off the bench, run the point, and provide veteran assistance for Walker. They could also go after Raymond Felton or Leandro Barbosa, both of which are better in less minutes. The big sign, IMO, might be Chauncey Billups or Randy Foye. Both are undersized shoot-first point guards; Charlotte needs some of that.

The real weak spot of the team is small forward. Corey Maggette scores, but does nothing else. They need shooting in the worst way, too. I'd try to sign qualifying offers to Chase Buddinger at Houston and Ryan Anderson at Orlando. Offer as large as you can and hope. Either would be the long range shooter needed. You could then pair them with Maggette (or deal him) or each other. They could also go after Steve Novak. None of them play any defense at all, but, with Biyombo and Davis down low, they may not need to do much other than gamble for steals.

Bis Biyombo C
    Anthony Davis PF
    Ryan Anderson SF
    Chauncey Billups SG
    Kemba Walker PG

Byron Mullens C
    John Jenkins/ Jeffrey Taylor. Darius Miller/ Draft pick SG
    Reggie Williams SG/SF
    Gerald Henderson SG
    Corey Maggette SF
    Steve Novak PF/ SF

You'd have a solid eight or nine-man rotation, with solid backups at every spot.

Add to that the misery that is Washington, the age in Boston, the uncertainty in Orlando, and Atlanta's inconsistency, and Charlotte could be close to .500 next season. Add another high pick next season and you suddenly have three or four building blocks, in Davis, Walker, Biyombo and the new guy.

There's at least hope there.

True enough. A couple real high draft choices and a key free agent signing and a team can turn around their fortunes in a hurry in the NBA.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Congratulations are in order for the Charlotte Bobcats. The worst team in NBA history. (Or very very close to it)
    Let's be honest..As a GM, Michael Jordan makes Isaiah Thomas look like Red Auerbach in his heyday.

BTW, nice analysis, Scrap.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Anthony Davis, barring a minor miracle, would look good next to Bismarck Biyombo in the front court.

Add in a shooter (John Jenkins, Jeffrey Taylor, Darius Miller?) in the draft and share minutes with Gerald Henderson, who plays solid defense, has a solid mid-range game, and does nothing else well at all.

They'll also need to mine the free agent ranks for a point guard to share minutes with Kemba Walker. A Jameer Nelson would be great, as he could be instant offense off the bench, run the point, and provide veteran assistance for Walker. They could also go after Raymond Felton or Leandro Barbosa, both of which are better in less minutes. The big sign, IMO, might be Chauncey Billups or Randy Foye. Both are undersized shoot-first point guards; Charlotte needs some of that.

The real weak spot of the team is small forward. Corey Maggette scores, but does nothing else. They need shooting in the worst way, too. I'd try to sign qualifying offers to Chase Buddinger at Houston and Ryan Anderson at Orlando. Offer as large as you can and hope. Either would be the long range shooter needed. You could then pair them with Maggette (or deal him) or each other. They could also go after Steve Novak. None of them play any defense at all, but, with Biyombo and Davis down low, they may not need to do much other than gamble for steals.

Bis Biyombo C
    Anthony Davis PF
    Ryan Anderson SF
    Chauncey Billups SG
    Kemba Walker PG

Byron Mullens C
    John Jenkins/ Jeffrey Taylor. Darius Miller/ Draft pick SG
    Reggie Williams SG/SF
    Gerald Henderson SG
    Corey Maggette SF
    Steve Novak PF/ SF

You'd have a solid eight or nine-man rotation, with solid backups at every spot.

Add to that the misery that is Washington, the age in Boston, the uncertainty in Orlando, and Atlanta's inconsistency, and Charlotte could be close to .500 next season. Add another high pick next season and you suddenly have three or four building blocks, in Davis, Walker, Biyombo and the new guy.

There's at least hope there.
    Sorry, I couldnt disagree more. Biyombo and Davis will block shots, but they will give you nothing offensively. If Davis had a hard time against Withey, how is he going to do with Chandler defending him?

Teams will not need to double either of them which mean all of those open threes Anderson is taking will now be contested threes.

Also, at this stage of their careers neither Kemba nor Chauncey can handle being a number one scoring option.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Turn Off Ads?