Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2012......Maybe

Re: NBA 2012......Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    All these years I didn't realize Ol' Shooter phrased that as a question.
    his character was a little unsure of himself, so it's all the same really

2. Turn Off Ads?

Going from the Zen Master to Mike Brown is like going from Kate Upton to Janet Reno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I'd suspend Haslem for Game Six and Pittman for seven games.

That said, the Pacers (especially Granger) have played like thugs as well. Ihose getting-in-the-face-after-fouls Granger's pulling? Embarrassing. And a bit telling, IMO, as to playoff experience.
    This whole series looks like a bunch of kids trying to get the biggest and baddest shot in. I can't wait for a real basketball team like OKC to crush them both. They may not even make it past Boston.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Yeehaw did you see that foul?!?!?! WOW. That was a SHOT. WOW. Hockey clothesline.

What did Lance Stephenson say about LeBron?
    I didn't even know who Pittman was, but after reading this thread I found the foul. This was worse than the Bynam foul on Berea, IMO, because Stephenson was nowhere near the ball. Pittman just launched an elbow at the guys throat and it could have resulted in a serious injury.

Losing Pittman won't hurt the Heat, anyway, so I'd expect a hefty suspension.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

I didn't have any issues with Granger getting in Lebron's face. Lebron isn't blatantly dirty, but on those plays he was trying to sneak in a high elbow. Heck, in yesterday's game he got under Granger on a jump shot. Guys know what they're doing when they get in your landing area.

Getting a little chippy and hard fouls make for good playoff basketball, I have no issue with that. Making no attempt to play the ball and trying to hurt another player is totally different, and that's what Haslem and Pittman did. Pittman's being way worse obviously.

And like Chuck said, I cannot believe Stephenson never went down. That's crazy.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Born Ready was also Born Steady.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

I turned on the game for a couple of minutes and can honestly say my rec refs would do a better job. I know stars get star treatment, but I didn't know they get an extra step out of bounds? The flagarant fouls were an embarassment. At this point the NBA is on the same scale with the WWE as far as being believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Stephenson may have a broken collarbone.

Wade would've needed a wheelchair to cart him off. Bosh and LeBron would've flopped into the stands.

"The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Bigger bunch of babies TLR's Cards teams or Lebron and Wade's Heat teams?

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post

Wade would've needed a wheelchair to cart him off. Bosh and LeBron would've flopped into the stands.

purely speculation, what's not speculation is that Lance Stephenson would be dominated by wade or lebron in the game of basketball

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...stephla01.html

13% (4 for 30) from distance and 47% from the free throw line... Get em next year Lance

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post

This is what would get me run out of basketball. I'm the official standing right there I'm teeing up Bosh for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Orenda View Post
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...stephla01.html

13% (4 for 30) from distance and 47% from the free throw line... Get em next year Lance
    What does that have to do with him taking a vicious cheap shot? He made a stupid gesture earlier in the series, then he apologized for it. Juwan Howard went after him in a hallway, then went after him during a shoot around. After all of that they still send a guy in who out weighs him by 70 pounds or so to blindside him with an elbow to his neck.

It's about as dirty as dirty can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    This is what would get me run out of basketball. I'm the official standing right there I'm teeing up Bosh for stupidity.
    Stern said he's wanted to get flopping out of the game for a while. I wish they'd get somewhere with that. I can't stand watching guys like Blake Griffin flop all around the floor lol.

4 for 30? I think Wade would go at least go 7 for 30 on those ridiculous step back off balance fade-away 3's he throws up there from time to time. In terms of degree of difficulty, those shots are way up there. 4-30?? I thought the Pacers were well coached. If you're 4-30, get in a passing lane or rebound please and get your good hustle stats up.

Turn Off Ads?