Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2012......Maybe

Re: NBA 2012......Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    What does that have to do with him taking a vicious cheap shot? He made a stupid gesture earlier in the series, then he apologized for it. Juwan Howard went after him in a hallway, then went after him during a shoot around. After all of that they still send a guy in who out weighs him by 70 pounds or so to blindside him with an elbow to his neck.

It's about as dirty as dirty can get.
    I don't disagree, I'm just talking about basketball to get the focus back on what it is there playing. Pittman's play should get him suspended...it will be interesting to see what happens with t. hansborough and Haslem, the league might want to send a message before Van Gundy is latched to somebody's leg.
    Last edited by Orenda; 05-23-2012 at 04:24 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I hate the flopping too.

Why not evaluate each game after the fact and hit floppers with a yellow card for unsportsmanlike behavior. After their third yellow, they sit a game and are fined the amount of one game's pay. They get hit with three more, it's two games suspension and two-game pay fine.

Of course, having said that, no Duke player could ever play in the NBA again.

I'd also argue that the circle around the hoop needs to be extended another five feet to open up the lane even further. Then again, I want games in the 120s again.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

I'd also argue that the circle around the hoop needs to be extended another five feet to open up the lane even further. Then again, I want games in the 120s again.
    I don't mind the circle, but defensive 3 seconds is a little blasphemous to me. Back to Indy-Miami, if I'm the coach of Banker's Life blue and yellow, I'm going to try to turn the game into a half-court contest against Banker's life red and black and have them try to beat me from the outside. Not saying they aren't capable, but I'd take my chances with the lesser of two.

Cheap shots and physical play have always been a part of the NBA.
    Check out this Larry Bird hit that Ronnie Lott would have been proud of.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-vuTUEgNLM
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Cheap shots and physical play have always been a part of the NBA.
    Check out this Larry Bird hit that Ronnie Lott would have been proud of.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-vuTUEgNLM
    Common foul!!! Awesome.

Best part is that Bernie just got up and played on. Wonderful.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Common foul!!! Awesome.

Best part is that Bernie just got up and played on. Wonderful.
    What is amazing is that those fouls happened pretty consistently. The McHale clothesline on Rambis. The fight between Dr. J and Bird. Anything Laimbeer did. The NBA has always been a tough league and I like it that way. Call the fouls but let the players deal with it. Maybe we can actually create some rivalries.

Not sure if OKC should feel good or be worried about game 1. On one hand the Spurs played terrible and still came back from a late game 10 point deficit to win. On the other, OKC's big 3 didn't really play well and they still had a chance to win in San Antonio.

The 4th quarter was an clinic by the Spurs...coaching, execution, matchups...everything. The Thunder couldn't figure it out.

Oh and for the ECF, I'd love it if it were a competitive series, but I don't think it will be. Heat in 5 or 6 unless the Celtics can magically get healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Not sure if OKC should feel good or be worried about game 1. On one hand the Spurs played terrible and still came back from a late game 10 point deficit to win. On the other, OKC's big 3 didn't really play well and they still had a chance to win in San Antonio.

The 4th quarter was an clinic by the Spurs...coaching, execution, matchups...everything. The Thunder couldn't figure it out.

Oh and for the ECF, I'd love it if it were a competitive series, but I don't think it will be. Heat in 5 or 6 unless the Celtics can magically get healthy.
    Agree 100%.

The Heat don't need help from the officials, but they're getting it anyway tonight. Sometimes the NBA is a joke.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

The Heat better roll the Celtics so they can have time off to get Wade and Bosh 100% healthy to take on the Thunder or Spurs. As a Pacer fan I feel they owe that to me.

The Spurs are ridiculous. I don't know what else to say. These two games have been so much fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OKC still has a run or two in them, but yeah...wow. The Spurs run offense unlike anything I've ever seen. Awesome to watch.

OKC looks very, very immature versus the Spurs.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

It's amazing how Duncan has turned the Spurs into an entire team of whiners.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Manu hits big shots.

Turn Off Ads?