Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2012......Maybe

Re: NBA 2012......Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I agree that Stern went a little overboard, but people have been saying these things since 1985 about the NBA. That is 37 years of hearing about conspiracy theories that essentially equate your league with professional wrestling. I think I would lash out too. Also, it isn't like Stern hasn't been testy before. He has always had a very playful/condescending attitude with the media. This really isn't anything new, just really awkward.
    I can't believe I said that 1985 was 37 years ago. That is what happens when a Latin teacher does math.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

I love that Miami is getting the ball to LeBron while he is on the move. They aren't giving him the ball up top to create from 28 feet (and giving the defense the time and space to plan for him), instead, he is catching it at 10 to 15 feet, posting, and getting layups or dishing to Battier for 3s. LeBron is getting easy (non-transition) points for the first time in his career.

Also, if Wade shoots another three pointer or 18 footer, Haslem should hit him the way he hit Hansbrough. I love Dwyane, but his jumper is broken. Also, he is getting his shot blocked at the rim. But, every time he drives, LeBron and/or Bosh are driving on the other side for easy catches and layups. He needs to hit them instead of throwing up the garbage he is throwing up.

The Thunder look young and inexperienced, which they are. Still, if they can win one in Miami, they can go back to OKC. I'm starting to think that this series will end in Miami, though.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    If Dwayne Wade was shooting in a gym by himself, he'd still claim he was fouled on every shot.
    No doubt. It's almost part of his follow-through.

I really hope this series goes 7
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

More and more i really do not like Wade. Maybe some of it has to do with me being a Pacer fan. I do find myself pulling more for Miami than OKC mostly because I think Lebron hate is ridiculous and I'd like to see him get a ring. And then laugh when all the Durrant can't close chatter starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

First non-post player to go for 30 and 10 in first 3 finals games since John Havlicek in 1969. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    First non-post player to go for 30 and 10 in first 3 finals games since John Havlicek in 1969. Not bad.
    Come on he choked in game 3, 2 for 8 outside the paint.

I keep hearing all about this LeBron hate, but all I hear it from is sports radio announcers and talking heads on ESPN. In the NY area, I can say that for the most part people are past "the decision," and think that LeBron is among the best players in the league.

I don't root for LeBron, because I don't root for the Heat. I despised the Jordan Bulls, but that doesn't mean that I didn't think he was the best player on the planet.

Have we gotten to the point that you can't root against a player or team that is a rival of your team without "disrespecting" him? It doesn't make sense to me. Just the fact that so many people are talking about him sort of validates his stature among the league's elite.

I keep hearing all about this LeBron hate, but all I hear it from is sports radio announcers and talking heads on ESPN. In the NY area, I can say that for the most part people are past "the decision," and think that LeBron is among the best players in the league.

I don't root for LeBron, because I don't root for the Heat. I despised the Jordan Bulls, but that doesn't mean that I didn't think he was the best player on the planet.

Have we gotten to the point that you can't root against a player or team that is a rival of your team without "disrespecting" him? It doesn't make sense to me. Just the fact that so many people are talking about him sort of validates his stature among the league's elite.
    That's the thing though, I still hear people say that Lebron is a choker and not great. Rooting against him is completely cool, but I still hear people call him LeChoke and what not.

Rooting against your rival is fine, I suppose, but you have to be honest about it. Most "fans" haven't been honest about James since his Cav team won the most games in the league four years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That's the thing though, I still hear people say that Lebron is a choker and not great. Rooting against him is completely cool, but I still hear people call him LeChoke and what not.
    That'll stop when he wins a title. Just like Tony Romo will get the respect he deserves if he wins a Super Bowl. Unfortunately it seems the the ESPN generation only respects rings.

How many fans sticking up for LeBron did the same for ARod?

That'll stop when he wins a title. Just like Tony Romo will get the respect he deserves if he wins a Super Bowl. Unfortunately it seems the the ESPN generation only respects rings.

How many fans sticking up for LeBron did the same for ARod?
    I always have. And still do.

The NBA is considering retroactively punishing floppers. I hope they do something and that soccer takes notice.
    http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=8069250

Serge Ibaka: "LeBron is not a good defender. He can play defense for two to three minutes but not 48 minutes."

Idiotic comment.

Turn Off Ads?