Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2012......Maybe

Re: NBA 2012......Maybe

HUGE game tonight... if OKC doesn't win tonight, they're done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    The NBA is considering retroactively punishing floppers. I hope they do something and that soccer takes notice.
    http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=8069250
    Good. Soccer should do the same.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Man, the officiating makes it tough to watch the NBA.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

If Battier falls down again, they should stop the game and give him a breathalyzer test. He can't possibly be sober.

Officiating in this game is ridiculous. They should just give the trophy to LeBron tonight if they aren't going to call it close to even. No need for a fifth game.

It would be different if it weren't so one sided. It's like they aren't even trying to pretend
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Yeah, this is silly. Bogus calls are everywhere against the Thunder.

Someone needs to ask some more uncomfortable questions to David Stern.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

The refs don't give Durant Lebron's calls, that's for sure.

James Harden has to show up, he looks scared of the moment. Oh and I can't even remember Durant taking any 4th quarter shots till a late desperation 3...how in the heck does that happen?

I usually think the ref conspiracists are a bunch of aluminum foil hat grassy knoll nut jobs.

But the reffing in this Finals has been so one-sided, it's not even silly. Battier wraps his arms around Durant the whole game and nothing is called. James and Wade get breathed on and "tweet".thunder bodies get knocked flying and nothing. Durant gets knocked sideways and no calls. It's starting todawn on me that the fix might really be in.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I usually think the ref conspiracists are a bunch of aluminum foil hat grassy knoll nut jobs.
    I don't think it's a conspiracy, but it's been really inconsistent throughout the playoffs. And despite the fact that the players determine the outcome of the game, the refs do have an influence outcome as well.

This reminds me of when the umpires used to give Glavine and Maddux at least 6 inches off the outside corner of the plate, while squeezing the opponent's pitcher. Conspiracy? No. Poor officiating? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

But the reffing in this Finals has been so one-sided, it's not even silly. Battier wraps his arms around Durant the whole game and nothing is called. James and Wade get breathed on and "tweet".thunder bodies get knocked flying and nothing. Durant gets knocked sideways and no calls. It's starting todawn on me that the fix might really be in.
    OKC is shooting 1 less FT per game in the series. The biggest difference is/was 3 point shooting. Miami is shooting 38% and OKC is shooting 27% (while taking more). OKC went 3 for 16 last night. Harden was awful, going 2 for 10 and missing 4 threes.

You can blame the officials, but if OKC makes a few (wide open) shots, the game is different. Also, watch the video and fast forward to 2:10 mark. OKC has the ball and watch what Perkins does to Wade. It was more professional wrestling than basketball.

Thunder vs. Heat 2012 NBA Finals Game 4 - YouTube
    Last edited by improbus; 06-20-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

One more win till the King gets his Ring.

#LaFamilia

He played amazing all game, but that 3 he hit with the cramp in full effect was extremely impressive. Doing anything with a leg cramp is sooo hard.
    Last edited by WMR; 06-20-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Part of the reason to root for LeBron is to see how Skip Bayless explains away his title and finds ways to continue bashing him. Maybe his head will actually explode this time.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Part of the reason to root for LeBron is to see how Skip Bayless explains away his title and finds ways to continue bashing him. Maybe his head will actually explode this time.
    I'll be glad when the NBA Finals is over so they can talk about something else on that show. There's not enough going on with one game every other day to fill two hours of discussion. I actually like Skip and look forward to less Stephen A. the rest of the summer

Conspiracy Theory: Heat win in 7 now if I were a conspirator. The NBA would love to see all the talk about the finals and whether LeBron can finish or whether he'll choke.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Well we are about to get a half hour coronation of NBA Champion King James and the Heat. They are just rolling right now.

Turn Off Ads?