Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2012......Maybe

Re: NBA 2012......Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    They've been trying some thirty years to do that - and it hasn't happened yet. I think you should hold on for a while...
    In the history of their franchise, they've never had ONE player as good as either Paul or Griffin. History means nothing as it pertains to this current team. They're legit.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    In the history of their franchise, they've never had ONE player as good as either Paul or Griffin.
    Before they became the Clippers, there was Bob McAdoo.

History means nothing as it pertains to this current team. They're legit.
    I never said they weren't, just that the Lakers are still the better team.

I was really impressed with cp3 at the Clippers press conference last night. Just an impressive, polished person. I can't wait to see him feed the ball to Blake.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the Lakers do in the next couple weeks though. On paper the Clippers do have the better team and I just can't see the Lakers sitting around with what they currently have.
    I was watching PTI at the gym last night. They were talking about the trade and I know Wilbon follows the NBA pretty closely but his comments were reason number one why I don't follow the NBA. Wilbon pretty much said that since the Lakers trade was voided by the NBA, the NBA needed to throw them a bone. They needed to force a trade in which Dwight Howard went to the Lakers. He also said that the NBA needed to make sure that the Celtics and Lakers were relevant. Basically he was encouraging what a lot of NBA detractors blame the NBA of doing.

To me in a perfect world the best run organization should be rewarded with the best team. It doesn't seem like the NBA really cares about anyone but their large market cities. Sad if you ask me.

The Lakers and the Celtics are the two most popular franchises in the NBA. That's why they "need" to be relevant.

IMO, Steve Nash might be an interesting name to throw out there. He's getting older, doesn't have a ring, and the Suns have absolutely nothing else. Might the Lakers be willing to give up Shannon Brown and a ton of draft picks to get Nash?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    The Lakers and the Celtics are the two most popular franchises in the NBA. That's why they "need" to be relevant.

IMO, Steve Nash might be an interesting name to throw out there. He's getting older, doesn't have a ring, and the Suns have absolutely nothing else. Might the Lakers be willing to give up Shannon Brown and a ton of draft picks to get Nash?
    The Suns signed Brown as a free agent so that deal won't be happening.

The Lakers still have 3 guys that most people would agree are in the top 5 of the league for their position.They aren't goin to be the favorite to win the championship but they're still the best team in L.A. and they'll still contend for a title.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I was watching PTI at the gym last night. They were talking about the trade and I know Wilbon follows the NBA pretty closely but his comments were reason number one why I don't follow the NBA. Wilbon pretty much said that since the Lakers trade was voided by the NBA, the NBA needed to throw them a bone. They needed to force a trade in which Dwight Howard went to the Lakers. He also said that the NBA needed to make sure that the Celtics and Lakers were relevant. Basically he was encouraging what a lot of NBA detractors blame the NBA of doing.

To me in a perfect world the best run organization should be rewarded with the best team. It doesn't seem like the NBA really cares about anyone but their large market cities. Sad if you ask me.
    One thing you should remember is that the players are the ones that are the impetus behind the trades. Howard and Paul have one year left on their deals and they have a say in where they want to go. There are only so many suitors for these players because of the salary cap and the available talent on the team trading for one of these guys. If the Lakers want Howard they are going to have to give up Bynum and/or Gasol. They would have Howard and Kobe and after that, not much else.

Chris Paul wasn't going to CLE or MIN or DET or IND. They either weren't attractive enough to him or didn't have the available talent to make a trade or they had salary cap problems.

I'm sure the NBA does care about the big markets but you also have to remember that BOS really stunk before Garnett and Allen came aboard. If the NBA was really that interested in making BOS relevant, don't you think they would have done that before Garnett and Allen were traded over there? And don't you think the Knicks would have been better than what they have been for the last 15 years considering Stern is a Knicks fan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    The Lakers still have 3 guys that most people would agree are in the top 5 of the league for their position.
    Huh?

I get Kobe-- he's probably the best in the game.

Who else?

Gasol? Maybe. If what he did down the stretch isn't a precursor to Father Time getting close. I'd probably put him seventh, behind Nowitski, Griffin, Stoudemire, Randolph, Love, and Garnett, but some people may disagree.

Who else?

Certainly not Bynum. Howard, Bogut, Noah, Horford, Chandler, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson-- all are better. Bynum, because of his major injury history, his lack of success in the playoffs, and his questionable heart, ranks in the third tier with such guys as JaVail McGee, Demarcus Cousins, Nene, and Marc Gasol.

Huh?
    Certainly not Bynum. Howard, Bogut, Noah, Horford, Chandler, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson-- all are better. Bynum, because of his major injury history, his lack of success in the playoffs, and his questionable heart, ranks in the third tier with such guys as JaVail McGee, Demarcus Cousins, Nene, and Marc Gasol.
    Mort rankings for the center position I've found has Bynum ranked somewhere between 5th-8th best so there are plenty of people that would say he is a top 5 and most would agree that he's close.I would put him in there since he's played on a team that has asked less from him considering the talent Bynum is surrounded by.Plus I'm a Laker fan!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-265548

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...5.storygallery

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

In the history of their franchise, they've never had ONE player as good as either Paul or Griffin. History means nothing as it pertains to this current team. They're legit.
    Lloyd "World B." Free from '78-'80 and Terry Cummings from '82-'84 were every bit as good, if not better than Paul or Griffin. As previously stated, Bob McAdoo, from the Buffalo Braves days, remains the best player in franchise history...for now.

So long as Donald Sterling owns the Clippers, history means everything as it pertains to this current team.

As for the Paul trade, IMHO, the Hornets made out like bandits....three starters and what most certainly will be a high lottery pick. Well worth the price for Dwight Howard or LeBron James, but for Paul? That remains to be seen.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I might be tempted to throw Elton Brand's name into the mix. He seemed to always kill the
    Rockets.

Huh?

I get Kobe-- he's probably the best in the game.

Who else?

Gasol? Maybe. If what he did down the stretch isn't a precursor to Father Time getting close. I'd probably put him seventh, behind Nowitski, Griffin, Stoudemire, Randolph, Love, and Garnett, but some people may disagree.

Who else?

Don't underestimate Gasol. He is on of the leagues best offensive rebounder (no one goes over the back better without getting offensive fouls...) Also, he is younger than Garnett and Nowitzki and the same age as Randolph. On your list, I would only take Nowitzki and possibly Griffin (for age only) over Gasol. He is a better defender than Stoudemire, Love, and Randolph, and is a better offensive player than Love, Garnett, and Griffin. Gasol is definitely a top 5 if not top 3 player at his position.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

part of BBN

Gotta say the 1st quarter of the LA-LAC game is one of the most entertaining preseason games I have ever seen.A Little sloppy but lots of high profile plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Lloyd "World B." Free from '78-'80 and Terry Cummings from '82-'84 were every bit as good, if not better than Paul or Griffin. As previously stated, Bob McAdoo, from the Buffalo Braves days, remains the best player in franchise history...for now.

So long as Donald Sterling owns the Clippers, history means everything as it pertains to this current team.

As for the Paul trade, IMHO, the Hornets made out like bandits....three starters and what most certainly will be a high lottery pick. Well worth the price for Dwight Howard or LeBron James, but for Paul? That remains to be seen.
    I won't include McAdoo in this discussion, although it's a good point to make. But I'm only considering players that played for the Clippers franchise in LA. With all due respect to World B. Free and Terry Cummings, those guys can't touch Paul and Griffin as impact players in the NBA.

Lakers Rescind Contract Offer to Josh McRoberts

AP - Los Angeles It is a little known fact that Kobe Bryant has a clause in his contract that demands the Lakers always have on the roster a 6’10”-6’11”, left handed, slim, Point-Forward type player. This demand has long been filled by the presence of Lamar Odom. After his demand and subsequent trade the Lakers were left looking for a quick fix. That fix came in the form of Josh McRoberts, or so they thought. The Lakers signed McRoberts to a 2 year $6M deal. GM Mitch Kupchak said “Look Josh met all the requirements…well the ones we knew of.” And it is precisely what they did not know that sent the Lakers star into a fury. Bryant had been informed Sunday night that Odom’s replacement had been found and therefore the clause in his contract fulfilled. After meeting McRoberts this morning Bryant reportedly stormed out of the complex shouting “A WHITE ONE!? WHY WOULD I WANT A WHITE ONE!?” Unofficially Bryant is in a holdout. McRoberts was released because as Kupchak stated “Why would we pay him that much money if we absolutely didn’t have to?” When asked if he knew how important race was to Kobe, McRoberts stated “Thinking back now I realize I have heard a few guys say that ‘Kobe is a racist’ but at the time I thought they were saying ‘rapist’.” In the meantime the Lakers are in discussions to bring Rasheed Wallace out of retirement and have him play left handed.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?