Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Kemp

Matt Kemp

Would you over pay to get him?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Matt Kemp

Like say Yonder/Devin/Wood and Hamilton

You really think the Dodgers will trade him now? That ship sailed after 2010. And besides, they're not exactly a small market team looking to trade MVP type value for prospects. Realistically, the real question is, would they trade several of their top prospects for Votto? Until ownership is settled in LA, I wouldn't expect any blockbuster type of trading or high-end, long term signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_Fourteen View Post
    You really think the Dodgers will trade him now? That ship sailed after 2010. And besides, they're not exactly a small market team looking to trade MVP type value for prospects. Realistically, the real question is, would they trade several of their top prospects for Votto? Until ownership is settled in LA, I wouldn't expect any blockbuster type of trading or high-end, long term signings.
    they have some key needs to be able to play with the Giants and Dbacks, and while Kemp is important, you saw how they did with him, they didn't win, so if they can improve their overall team by adding 4 quality players for 1, and free up some monies to get some other players I could see it happen. Or I can see it happen as much as some of the other deals offered here.

i would never trade stubbs for kemp, stubbs is simply too valuable, he has all the tools

he cant hit for power he cant hit for contact and he cant hit for average, why would the reds want kemp, he is no stubbs

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    i would never trade stubbs for kemp, stubbs is simply too valuable, he has all the tools

he cant hit for power he cant hit for contact and he cant hit for average, why would the reds want kemp, he is no stubbs
    You really need to seek out help, your issues with Stubbs are kinda troubling don't you think? I mean here is a post that in no way involved Stubbs directly and yet you move the focus towards it?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Would you over pay to get him?
    Hey. Let's turn the tables. I'll be you for a second.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! WALT WON'T PULL THE TRIGGER! THERE ISN'T ENOUGH MONEY!!!!! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!!!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 10-05-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Like say Yonder/Devin/Wood and Hamilton
    Kemp is a free agent after next season

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Hey. Let's turn the tables. I'll be you for a second.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! WALT WON'T PULL THE TRIGGER! THERE ISN'T ENOUGH MONEY!!!!! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!!!
    You are correct Walt would never do it, my question was would you do it if you were a gm. I didn't put any limitations on it budget wise which Walt does have to work with. I just asked would you overpay for a player like Matt Kemp if you had the chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
    Kemp is a free agent after next season
    Yes he is....so again would you over pay him for possibly 1 season?

I wish money were not an issue for the Reds. I'd outbid everyone for CJ Wilson as a free agent. I'd sign Pujols just to tick off the Cardinals. Then I'd trade Votto for Ricky Romero, if the Jay would do it. Then I'd trade for Jonathan Sanchez. Then I'd trade for Matt Kemp and overpay him for one season.

Then I'd laugh my butt off while the rest of mlb were scratching their heads.

I wish money were not an issue for the Reds. I'd outbid everyone for CJ Wilson as a free agent. I'd sign Pujols just to tick off the Cardinals. Then I'd trade Votto for Ricky Romero, if the Jay would do it. Then I'd trade for Jonathan Sanchez. Then I'd trade for Matt Kemp and overpay him for one season.

Then I'd laugh my butt off while the rest of mlb were scratching their heads.
    Just wondering why you would deal Votto for Romero?

Just wondering why you would deal Votto for Romero?
    Okay, let's deal our overvalued trash and see if they trade Romero for it.

At some point, I hope you read every word in my posts and realize they are far-fetched, no payroll constraints, ideas.

None of this will ever happen. We are just having fun here. There is no reason to pooh pooh everything.

Okay, let's deal our overvalued trash and see if they trade Romero for it.

At some point, I hope you read every word in my posts and realize they are far-fetched, no payroll constraints, ideas.

None of this will ever happen. We are just having fun here. There is no reason to pooh pooh everything.
    Well if you think the Jays would deal Romero why not come up with a deal they might take, like say offering Yonder/Devin and Hamilton. They get 2 young ML ready players and a 3rd good young prospect, we in return get a good ML arm and maybe a throw in minor leaguer.

trade them stubbs and arroyo and cairo and renteria and baker too

Turn Off Ads?