Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Netflix kills Qwikster

Netflix kills Qwikster

Finally someone there makes a rational decision. Netflix has ended the Kwikster debacle. It will be one company, one site, with 2 options for services, DVD and/or streaming.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Netflix kills Qwikster

Just wait a week, they'll backtrack on this decision too and end up forming 6 separate LLCs depending on whether you want TV, Movies, Video Games, BluRays or Streaming content.

Lots of companies are badly run, but I've never seen a company run so badly run in public like this.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Just wait a week, they'll backtrack on this decision too and end up forming 6 separate LLCs depending on whether you want TV, Movies, Video Games, BluRays or Streaming content.

Lots of companies are badly run, but I've never seen a company run so badly run in public like this.
    HP strongly disagrees with that last statement.

I couldn't agree more. I'm very, very close to canceling my membership that I've had for many years.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

What's funny to me is, it seemed like Netflix was run superbly until ~1 year ago. Some say the media companies are demanding higher payment for content, which is very plausible, but WOW. It has been an utter implosion the last few months.

I got out shortly after the email they sent me notifying about the split into services. The tone of the email wasn't good, IMO, and I found myself watching less and less of their dwindling Instant content.

It was awesome while it lasted, though.

Why Netflix thought the solution to it's separate cost structures was to split off half the business and completely undermine its value proposition to customers was completely beyond me. It's amazing how they failed to see the obvious from the start.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

That was an unbelievably dumb decision. However, overall, they are still a great company with a great product. I can't believe all that I get watch whenever I want for less than $10 a month.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Perhaps it made sense to the bean counters in the back room, but I have to think their company loyalty and once-stellar brand and market leadership and market share all took a torpedo amidships in a giant fireball.

From a consumer standpoint, we got a doubling of the price from out of the blue, a "we made a mistake" message that was a misdirection at best and a misleading at worst (and didn't address consumer issues), a big dilution of the Netflix brand, and then one more CEO-switch that solidified in the public's mind (at least me) that they are a bunch of idiots who don't know what they're doing and can't be trusted.

Getting Netflix used to be a no-brainer. But any more, I see the red Netflix envelope on the counter and I think "idiots!" and now I'm very seriously considering all of their competitors.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?