Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Walt made at least one GREAT decision

Walt made at least one GREAT decision

Thankfully, Walt did not attempt to trade Yonder at the deadline. Maybe I'm overestimating this, but I think Yonder's value is 1.5x what it was at the deadline. He's shown that he is a solid ML hitter and he's under control for a while. For some reason, he was the first to go in all of our fantasy trades for SP at the deadline. Now, he is a centerpiece. I think if he had been in the Majors a month earlier, his value would be even higher. Regardless, I think Walt & Co. knows that he can command a lot in a trade. Some people fail to see that he may be able to produce on the level of Jay Bruce. His defense may take him down a little, but his plate discipline is better than Jay's imho. I'll feel very ambivalent about a trade involving Yonder for SP. Hopefully we can make deals that don't include Yonder, but I find that it will be hard to exclude him in any major deal.

What should happen to Yonder?

What will happen to Yonder?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Walt made at least one GREAT decision

IF and that is a big IF he can somehow drop some weight and improve his LF ability he might start in LF, but I really see him and a couple players being packaged for a pitcher.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Based on last offseason, I have no faith in Reds management to make a solid trade.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

he wold be my left fielder if we have votto.

1st basemen if we don't.

pretty simple tbh. I thought he was playing well at end of year. You just have make few changes with lineup. drop bruce.

Yup, drop a guy that hit 32 home runs, drove in 102 runs, and played well above average defense. Get rid of that kind of horrible production and we are world series bound. !Sarcasm!

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Yup, drop a guy that hit 32 home runs, drove in 102 runs, and played well above average defense. Get rid of that kind of horrible production and we are world series bound. !Sarcasm!
    I think R_Webb meant drop him in the batting order.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmoe View Post
    I think R_Webb meant drop him in the batting order.
    I see that now. Shame setting in. My bad, I had my jump to conclusions mat out and thought this would be the perfect time to use it. Backfired big time.

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Or he was talking about me referencing jay bruce. to clarify, i did not suggest getting rid of jay. i was just saying yonder's bat might be comparable to jay's. i still think jay probably will be better, but there could definitely be competition. overall, a batting order that includes alonso, bruce, votto, and phillips looks to good to me. the question is: is this lineup we will see? i think heisey would be better than stubbs in CF, but that is a different question for a different time.

he also made an incredible decision to let enerio de la rosario go to houston, that was a groundbreaking move

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Still have no idea why people are in such a hurry to move Alonso UNLESS he commands someone's absolute best pitching prospect with a power arm. I'm not sure his value has reached that level, so I'm very hopeful that they continue to work on him in LF.

Don't deal this guy for anything less than a sure thing!
    Rounding third and heading for home...

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I don't expect any offseason moves, and frankly, I think the performances by Alonso and Francisco, and possibly playing Heisey more, merit a better offense next season.

2B Phillips
    SS Cozart
    1B Votto (LH)
    CF Heisey (RH)
    LF Alonso (LH)
    3B Rolen/Francisco (RH/LH)
    RF Bruce (LH) - Bruce bats 6th against righhanded pitchers, flip flopped with Francisco
    C Hanigan/Mez

Phillips will hit 15-20 HR's
    Cozart will hit 10
    Votto, Heisey, Bruce - 25-35 HR's each
    Alonso - 20 HR's
    Francisco + a healthy Rolen - 20-30 HR's combined.

Same problem as always. Very few contact hitters. Mostly power hitters.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Dont see why we are even thinking about keeping Votto past next season, I completely believe that he will not be here after his contract is up, if that is the case I completely believe that FO will get alot for him at trade deadline, or in the off season of 2012.
    I am a Reds fan, therefore I am just stating what makes sense for a small market team, and this makes perfect sense, sorry folks, after this season we trade Joey.
    Bowled 9 300 games, semi-retired!

Nothing like bowling a 300 game

i was just saying bruce should bat 5-6 not 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    2B Phillips
    SS Cozart
    1B Votto (LH)
    CF Heisey (RH)
    LF Alonso (LH)
    3B Rolen/Francisco (RH/LH)
    RF Bruce (LH) - Bruce bats 6th against righhanded pitchers, flip flopped with Francisco
    C Hanigan/Mez

Phillips will hit 15-20 HR's
    Cozart will hit 10
    Votto, Heisey, Bruce - 25-35 HR's each
    Alonso - 20 HR's
    Francisco + a healthy Rolen - 20-30 HR's combined.

Same problem as always. Very few contact hitters. Mostly power hitters.
    this. id trade stubbs even tho he has great speed. just b/c many ppl had down years does not mean everyone should get a pass. if it was stubbs and heisey playin id hate it but with just one id pick heisey.

Turn Off Ads?