Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #1 prospect?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1B/OF Yonder Alonso

13 14.94%
  • RP Brad Boxberger

0 0%
  • SS Zack Cozart

1 1.15%
  • UT Todd Frazier

0 0%
  • C Yasmani Grandal

1 1.15%
  • SS Billy Hamilton

1 1.15%
  • SP Kyle Lotzkar

0 0%
  • C Devin Mesoraco

71 81.61%
  • OF Yorman Rodriguez

0 0%
  • SP Robert Stephenson

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #1 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #1 prospect?

It's that time of year again. Pick your top prospect. To qualify as a prospect, a player must simply be eligible for the Rookie of the Year Award in 2012. If your choice isn't an option listed above, feel free to post it here as write-ins are encouraged. If a player gets noticeable support, then he will likely be added to the next poll. We'll be starting a new poll every three days or so. In the event of a tie, we will do a runoff vote.

Questions/comments/concerns are always welcome. Let the polls begin!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #1 prospect?

Mesoraco for me. I'm actually a little cooler on him after seeing him behind the plate a few times in Cincy, but I'm still loving the power hitting catcher with at least average defense (and potential for more). Alonso's audition may garner him some votes in spite of the positional issues.

Please add Torreyes and Sappelt to the next poll.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Easily Mesoraco. I really don't think anyone is close to him at this point. He has position scarcity, plus tools and performance to back it all up, while being ready to step onto the MLB field right now.

Also, add an "other" option for the next poll in case someone wants to vote for someone not listed, but specify that they say who it is in the post.

And MTH, are either of those two guys you suggested guys that you will be voting for next round? If not, why are we adding them just yet?

mesaraco for me to he didnt really wow us in september but i could tell he will be a special player. Next year hopefully he is the starting catcher all year.

-The Insider-

And Corcino. I assume he'll be voted on soon.

Landslide. Should be interesting after this though

Neftali Soto for the next poll. He's still young, and you don't mash 30 HR in a minor league season after years of promise without being a relatively major prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Easily Mesoraco. I really don't think anyone is close to him at this point. He has position scarcity, plus tools and performance to back it all up, while being ready to step onto the MLB field right now.

Also, add an "other" option for the next poll in case someone wants to vote for someone not listed, but specify that they say who it is in the post.

And MTH, are either of those two guys you suggested guys that you will be voting for next round? If not, why are we adding them just yet?
    I have both in my top 5. Not sure if I have them at 2, but as the rounds tick off, the mere fact some guys are on and others aren't is a suggestion that those two are lesser propspects, its not a huge deal, but but I wonder if it would influence the voting. I also see that Corcino and Soto have been requested. and I have both rated ahead of some of the guys already on the list. Just want to keep the voting as fair as possible.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Hey Camisadelgolf, how about making the rest of the prospect polls public.

I went Alonso, just because the bat looks very polished. Almost voted Mesoraco, but I just did not see enough polish offensively or defensively. Lotta different ways to see the top group this year, and my guess is that a year from now what each guy brings to the table defensively (speaking of position players only) will be a key factor in the rankings (or, more likely, in how we see their value as big leaguers). For now, I haven't seen enough to vote on that basis.
    Last edited by lollipopcurve; 10-13-2011 at 09:44 AM.

I am going with Mesoraco. I think its a closer race here actually than most imagine, but Mes still wins. One thing that I was thinking is that if all things were even, (ie guys with the same pro experience and at the same level) how different this top spot would be. I know that that is just projection and would defeat the purpose of this, but I highly doubt that Mes would still be so easily in this top spot. I doubt he would even crack my top 5 then.

Hey Camisadelgolf, how about making the rest of the prospect polls public.
    This one is. Just click on one of the numbers showing how many votes a prospect has (such as the "34" across from Mesoraco's name) and it'll load the thread again, but this time showing who voted for who under each prospect's name.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I went with Mes, without thinking twice, but I'm surprised that nobody has made a case for Cozart. A plus glove at SS, with signs of being a plus bat as well; at least an average bat for that position, it would seem. He definitely impressed in the too-brief period between his call-up and injury.

I went with Mesoraco.

I'm planning on going with Hamilton next. I know he's raw, and I know that you can't steal first base. But Hamilton's baserunning ability is the kind of unique skill that elevates him above other prospects. Huge upside.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-13-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Easy choice for me. I like Yonder as a hitter, but if Mez can produce as a catcher in the majors he is gold.

Turn Off Ads?