Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 66 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 OSU Football-Will Tressel Survive?

2011 OSU Football-Will Tressel Survive?

Picture of a t-shirt I saw in St Clairsville, OH at the Ohio Valley Mall.

I think the title says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2011 OSU Football-Will Tressel Survive?

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/ten...a.html?sid=102

Updated article with the quote from the car guy about why Gibson's title said $0. He refinanced an existing loan and did nothing wrong.

St. Clairsville, Ohio really has no cause to be looking down on anyone. That is the armpit of the universe.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    St. Clairsville, Ohio really has no cause to be looking down on anyone. That is the armpit of the universe.
    It actually came from a website called getsmack.com. Had some pretty decent t-shirts for colleges. Just happened to see it on a t-shirt there.

St Clairsville actually used to be pretty decent at one point in time IIRC. I bought my fiancee's engagement ring there but pretty much all of the development has moved north to Wheeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Mark Emmert wants to start hitting NCAA rule-breakers hard.

The governing body's president said Tuesday he wants schools that violate the rules to pay a stiff penalty -- one that's punitive enough to make coaches and others think twice about cheating.

"We need to make sure our penalty structure and enforcement process imposes a thoughtful level of concern, and that the cost of violating the rules costs more than not violating them," Emmert said.
    Well this has some surprising timing to it.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

UM AD on OSU:

On Ohio State’s NCAA transgressions: “I know what it’s like to receive the papers from the NCAA … when you’re going through it it’s painful, it’s difficult, it’s stressful and what you don’t need is anybody … particularly a colleague … poking anything at you. There were some people out there that did it, and I remember who they are and I remember what they said.”
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011051...ws|text|Sports

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    So basically he said "no comment"...So what?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Tressel hires legal big gun, has no plans to resign.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ans-to-resign/
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

Neither did Nixon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I don't blame him for hiring a big gun. He'll need it. I'd do the same. It sure seems as though he disagrees with the Buckeye fans around here who think OSU will suffer few if any additional sanctions when the NCAA gets through with them

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The athletic department also signed on with a lawyer who is cozy with the Infractions committee.

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/15067608

The columnist seems to imply that the legal teams they've hired are very good at what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    The athletic department also signed on with a lawyer who is cozy with the Infractions committee.

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/15067608

The columnist seems to imply that the legal teams they've hired are very good at what they do.
    I certainly wouldn't hire anybody that's not good at what they do, and I don't have 1/100th of the bankroll that OSU has.

I'm sure that they are not only good at what they do, but possibly the best at what they do. If they manage to limit their penalties to anything near their self imposed sanctions, and keep Tressel on as coach, then I'll say these guys are the best at what they do.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

This story examines OSU football and car deals reporting:

The Columbus Dispatch reported on May 7 that OSU was investigating more than 50 transactions between OSU athletes and their families and Jack Maxton Chevrolet or Auto Direct.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    This story examines OSU football and car deals reporting:
    That story is a joke and so is Ray Small. I feel sorry for him. Tressel gave him every chance he could and he clearly never got it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That story is a joke and so is Ray Small. I feel sorry for him. Tressel gave him every chance he could and he clearly never got it.
    This may be, but its just as likely that what he says is mostly true IMO. There is no doubt in my mind that more OSU players have recieved special deals and have sold memorabillia for money. Really, I think that is true about close to every major program. It isn't going to be easy for a program already under the microscope to shake this off.

That said, unless there is other evidence uncovered during the ongoing investigation into the car deals, I don't think it means a whole lot to OSU in terms of what the COI will hand out. It just fuels the fire of those who want to see OSU have the book thrown at them.

Turn Off Ads?