As we start ranking the prospects, I thought I'd start a thread to discuss possibly the most overlooked prospect in the Reds system. Brodie Greene had an overall line of .287/.343/.433/.775 with 14 HR (42 XBH) and 38 SB with 9 CS. These numbers were mostly accumulated in Bakersfield, so its hard to judge based solely on them. FWIW, he's off to a fast start in the AFL with 8 hits in 23 AB including a walk and a HR for a small sample OPS of .853.

Greene was a fourth round pick from Texas A&M in 2010 and went straight to A+ and never played in Dayton. I think he gets less discussion on the minor league board since so many locals haven't really seen him. He's played all over the diamond with games at 2B, SS and 3B and all three OF spots. Everybody has seen Chris Valaika and Todd Frazier, there is some buzz on the board around Henry Rodriguez and Didi Gregorious and some special things being done at the lower levels by Billy Hamilton and Ronald Torreyes, so Greene and fellow high round 2010 MI pick Devin Lohman get lost in the shuffle. With 2012 having the Reds with unproven Zach Cozart at SS and Brandon Phillips possibly in his final season at 2B, the MI depth is crucial going forward. I think that the Reds sending him to the AFL implies that he's highly regarded.

So, what is the projection for Greene? Is his defense legit? Can he play SS in the big leagues? If not, could he handle 2B? Is he more of a super utility type or is he simply moving around because he can handle it and the other guys in the crowd need more development at their probable positions or is his glove weak and the team is simply trying to find a spot for him? What are his offensive tools? Does he project to have a little pop as his .433 Slugging Percentage suggests or is that a Bakersfield mirage? Is he projected to make contact as he goes up the ladder or is he just more advanced than A+ competitiion as a 4 year college guy with some polish?

Here is a link to the Scouting report that Mario-Rijo posted when he was drafted, but I'd like some more opinions from guys closer to the minor league system or guys who've seen him play a few times (or anyone else really).

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...30&postcount=5

Any information that anyone has would be much appreciated.