Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dan Wheldon, R.I.P.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dan Wheldon, R.I.P.

Dan Wheldon was killed in a crash in the 13th lap of today's IndyCar race in Las Vegas. Wheldon was the IndyCar season champion in 2005 and won the Indianapolis 500 in 2005 and 2011. R.I.P.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Re: Dan Wheldon, R.I.P.

Man, I was at the Speedway watching the IRL's a few weeks ago. Terrible news.

I attended my first Indianapolis 500 this year and saw Wheldon win it on the final turn. So sad. He is survived by his wife and two children, one who was born only a few months ago.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Very sad. Just a surreal scene to watch on tv - the replays, the announcers discussing it & then the 5 tribute laps.

Very sad. A good friend of mine knew him well and is likely taking this hard.

Extremely tragic, prayers for his family and friends that God will give them the guidance and strength to help them through this travesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Stat geek...and proud

Big IndyCar fan here. It's a horrible day for the sport, the fans, the drivers, and most importantly, his family. Open wheel racing will die if they don't do something to keep these cars on the ground. It's only a matter of time before someone goes into the stands. It's almost happened several times now. If that happens the series dies. Hopefully the new cars next year do two things, keep the cars grounded, and eliminate some of the pack racing that we've seen lately on the high speed tracks. This isn't NASCAR, they can't run wheel to wheel, it's just not safe.

Turn Off Ads?