Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Williamson is selling his 2004 World Series Ring...

Re: Scott Williamson is selling his 2004 World Series Ring...

Anybody heard anything about Williamson since selling his ring?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    It looks like it is for a good cause so best of luck to him. I just wish there was a way he could raise the money without selling his ring. I hate it when players sell their championship stuff, esp. on a historic team like the 2004 Red Sox.
    Even Bob Gibson?

http://www.examiner.com/article/more...-auction-block

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    ... Course, it was pretty obvious that Scott was never going to last with his throwing motion. ...
    SIDEBAR

I remember all the talk about Williamson's violent throwing motion guaranteeing injuries down the road.

I also remember a lot of talk about how the easy, natural throwing motions of Rich Harden and Mark Prior would allow them to pitch forever.

END SIDEBAR
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Removed by MartyFan
    Last edited by MartyFan; 01-24-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: It is old news and I need not worry about it.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    SIDEBAR

I remember all the talk about Williamson's violent throwing motion guaranteeing injuries down the road.

I also remember a lot of talk about how the easy, natural throwing motions of Rich Harden and Mark Prior would allow them to pitch forever.

END SIDEBAR
    I remember hearing about Mark Prior's 'perfect' mechanics, but after his injury, the 'experts' changed what they considered to be perfect mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    He lives in Cleves,Ohio. Just up the street from where I live. I met his daughter at a pancake breakfast. I have not met him yet. Hoping to have the chance soon.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    SIDEBAR

END SIDEBAR
    IMO, it's extremely foolish for a baseball fan to think any pitcher -- regardless of how good their mechanics are -- is somehow safe from arm injuries. Even with "good mechanics" the human arm is not meant to do what pitchers do over and over again. It's hard on the arm even when your mechanics are "sound."

But if you have bad mechanics, it heightens your risk for arm injuries even more.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    I believe this story is more than a year old. Something must have transpired since then.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Turn Off Ads?