Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lions Tigers and Bears loose in Zanesville OH!

Re: The true story behind the exotic animal "escape"

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Story time ...

I worked on my neighbors dairy farm when I was 13-15 (I was not raised on a farm). Cutting across the barn one day and heard a snort behind me as I was crossing one of the pens that they kept cows ready to birth. As I turned around to look ... there stood their bull, which was perpetually pissed-off, pawing he ground and snorting steam. This bull was literally 10-12 inches taller in his back than their cows, he was just one *massive* SOB.

I decided I could either inch my way out, or take a mad dash. I went for the mad dash and lept a full-sized metal swinging gate, on a dead run, with the bull in close pursuit. The bull ran into the gate with a full head of steam and bent it into a V. He then proceeded to tear the durn thing into pieces. Too late, I was long gone by then.

My neighbor hear the commotion and ran outside to see what was going on, all he saw was me running full speed away from the barn, so he followed. He went white when I told him what had happened. He had forgotten to tell me they moved the bull into the pen that morning. They were leary of him too (farmers all their lives) and that was the final straw .. that bull was gone the next day.

GL

/cool story bro (yeah, yeah)
    Grew up on a dairy farm and we had a few bulls that acted in this manner and they did not last long. Its funny we only named the Bulls and I still remember the mean ones....Bud and Lester.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I actually like cats, I just figure they're pretty indifferent about me.
    They don't like me, and the feeling is mutual. In my personal experiences, cats have been a far more nuisance to me then dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Having a raccoon for a pet isn't the brightest thing either.
    Many years ago, when a buddy and I were out fishing, we came across a young raccoon in a tree. My buddy wanted to take him home and make it a pet, so he tried to "de-tree" it. I warned against it; but my buddy wasn't too bright either. Needless to say the raccoon tore him up!

There's sound reason as to why they call them wild animals.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-25-2011 at 05:32 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    My cats are great pets and I always keep the food bowl VERY full.
    Even tho I love cats and have several, you have to acknowledge that when you have a cat, you're inviting a small predator into your family.

Of course, the one time we had a mouse in the house they ran to ME to get rid of it! They were all the stereotypically "standing on the table hysterically screaming" woman.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Like I said, I'm not going to try and convince anyone of anything. I just don't care that much what you want to believe.

But if your the type a person who doesn't mind having some truth, but not all of the truth in your news then your part of the problem with this country.
    Could this guy's wife have lured some animals back to safety with tranquilizers or the police?

Turn Off Ads?