Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cubs, Epstein, exercise option on Ramirez

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Cubs, Epstein, exercise option on Ramirez

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...p-cubs-ramirez

But Ramirez says he won't exercise his side of the option and seeks a multi-year contract. He has 315 career HR's.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cubs, Epstein, exercise option on Ramirez

To be honest, I’m shocked he turned down $16M, even if it’s one year. I don’t believe that any team is going to offer him that kind of money right now, especially since it’s not like he’s not getting any younger. I understand he wants a multiyear deal, but him playing out the option shouldn’t have impacted a new deal after the option and he would’ve banked $16M more in the process. I think it’s a curious move on his part since the Cubs picked up the option.

Re: Cubs, Epstein, exercise option on Ramirez

He'll be 34. he and his agent want one more BIG contract, and he just OPS'd .871. Now, it is POSSIBLE he does that again next year, but prior to this year he played in 124 games last year and 82 the year before. so, 16 mil guaranteed next year, or a 4 year 36-45 mil deal likely to happen this offseason. He's never been durable, so I imagine he's looking for the longer score even if it is less per year.

And If I'm the Cubs I absolutely exercise that option. If he takes it, he's the middle of the order bat they budgeted for. If he doesn't they just freed up 16 mil. Pujols?

god I hate Theo.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?