Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #5 prospect?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • RHP Brad Boxberger

7 8.64%
  • RHP Dan Corcino

20 24.69%
  • SS Zack Cozart

38 46.91%
  • UT Todd Frazier

0 0%
  • RHP Kyle Lotzkar

0 0%
  • OF Yorman Rodriguez

1 1.23%
  • OF Dave Sappelt

0 0%
  • 1B Neftali Soto

3 3.70%
  • RHP Robert Stephenson

9 11.11%
  • 2B Ron Torreyes

2 2.47%
  • other (please list below)

1 1.23%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is Redszone's #5 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #5 prospect?

Mike Leake was RedsZone's #2 prospect before he ever threw a pitch as a professional, and now there's a chance that Robert Stephenson won't even make RZ's top ten. Then again, the year that Leake was #2 on RZ, he was said to have a middle-of-the-rotation ceiling. His competition at the time was Yonder Alonso, Brad Boxberger, Neftali Soto, Zack Cozart, Yorman Rodriguez, Todd Frazier, Billy Hamilton, Devin Mesoraco . . .

Wait a second . . . why aren't people voting for Stephenson?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Mike Leake was RedsZone's #2 prospect before he ever threw a pitch as a professional, and now there's a chance that Robert Stephenson won't even make RZ's top ten. Then again, the year that Leake was #2 on RZ, he was said to have a middle-of-the-rotation ceiling. His competition at the time was Yonder Alonso, Brad Boxberger, Neftali Soto, Zack Cozart, Yorman Rodriguez, Todd Frazier, Billy Hamilton, Devin Mesoraco . . .

Wait a second . . . why aren't people voting for Stephenson?
    While I will absolutely have Stephenson inside of my Top 10, I wouldn't really compare him to Leake in this type of voting process. I think more people on here are "show me" rather than scouting type of prospect voters/followers and Leake had brilliant numbers at one of the best college baseball programs in the country and was a top 10 pick, while Stephenson is coming out of high school and went in the 20's (even though I will argue that in most years, someone of his talent would go in the top 10, this years draft was just stacked).

That's understandable. Fwiw, iIrc, the #27 pick in the draft does about as well as the #8 pick in the daft. And from the last 5 drafts, I'd rather have the players picked at #27.

Rick Porcello + Carlos Gutierrez + Nick Franklin + Jesse Biddle + Robert Stephenson > Casey Weathers + Gordon Beckham + Mike Leake + Delino DeShields + Francisco Lindor imho

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I think more people on here are "show me" rather than scouting type of prospect voters/followers ...
    Guilty as charged.

Turn Off Ads?