Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals excuse of the night.. LOL

Cardinals excuse of the night.. LOL

I assume everyone heard, but the reason a lefty stayed in to face Napoli is because they couldn't even hear the phone ring in the bullpen, it's a bad set up in Texas back in the corner, lol just unbelievable.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cardinals excuse of the night.. LOL

they also said all parks are like that.

What a joke. The Cardinals are so full of themselves it is sickening. Cant wait to see a Rangers win in game 6.

They also just reported on ESPN that Chris Carpenter had a run in with Mike Napoli after Napoli nearly hit the 3 run HR. Carpenter was screaming at him coming off the field, Napoli just said its unfortunate, he doesn't even know Carpenter after the game.

Carpenter yelling at Napoli. World series - YouTube

Crissy crying again. Makes a Cardinal fan proud.

Still doesn't explain why Craig was stealing in the 9th, being 2 runs down.

None of their "explanations" made sense. Albert calling his own hit and run in that situation? Or Craig attempting stolen bases? Come on man. I think TLR is simply trying to deflect any critcism or questioning of him and his team.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonFlyer View Post
    Still doesn't explain why Craig was stealing in the 9th, being 2 runs down.
    After striking out, Pujols still called for a hit and run while on the bench.

They obviously never saw the movie "The Rookie." Denis Quaid's character heard the phone ring loud and clear in the Rangers visitors bullpen.

That's funny because my phone rang at the exact same time and some guy that sounded a lot like Tony LaRussa kept repeating "Motte! Motte!". I thought it was a crank call and hung up. You don't think.....naw.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Does this explanation make any sense to anyone?

Instead of making Pujols take the unintentional intentional walk, you give up an out...twice?

BTW, I love that Pujols swung at three consecutive ball fours to strike out in the 9th.

Hoping to add to a 2-0 lead, La Russa called for sacrifice bunts in the third and fifth innings that successfully advanced base-runners to third base. But in both cases, that left first base open and led to intentional walks to Albert Pujols, and put it on Matt Holliday to come through. He failed twice, hitting into an inning-ending double play in the third, and inning-ending grounder to short in the fifth.

"They're not going to pitch to (Pujols),'' La Russa said. "So what you do is you get the base (with the sacrifice bunt that advances runners). This gives Matt a chance, and I'll take our chances with Matt.''

I'll say this. Carpenter didn't appear to be yelling at Napoli there, if you watch him consistently, you'll see he's basically always yelling at himself. I believe they pointed out that he was yelling all the way to the dug out. If you watched the first game he was swearing on live TV.

TLR and his whining. Clearly he's a whiner, most of us will admit that and most of us find it annoying. But, we're in the World Series without our ace and in a down year for Pujols. Something has to be said for results. But, he's still a whiner and if I wasn't a Cardinals' fan I might find it unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Does this explanation make any sense to anyone?

Instead of making Pujols take the unintentional intentional walk, you give up an out...twice?

BTW, I love that Pujols swung at three consecutive ball fours to strike out in the 9th.

Hoping to add to a 2-0 lead, La Russa called for sacrifice bunts in the third and fifth innings that successfully advanced base-runners to third base. But in both cases, that left first base open and led to intentional walks to Albert Pujols, and put it on Matt Holliday to come through. He failed twice, hitting into an inning-ending double play in the third, and inning-ending grounder to short in the fifth.

"They're not going to pitch to (Pujols),'' La Russa said. "So what you do is you get the base (with the sacrifice bunt that advances runners). This gives Matt a chance, and I'll take our chances with Matt.''
    It makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal_Fan View Post
    I'll say this. Carpenter didn't appear to be yelling at Napoli there, if you watch him consistently, you'll see he's basically always yelling at himself. I believe they pointed out that he was yelling all the way to the dug out. If you watched the first game he was swearing on live TV.

TLR and his whining. Clearly he's a whiner, most of us will admit that and most of us find it annoying. But, we're in the World Series without our ace and in a down year for Pujols. Something has to be said for results. But, he's still a whiner and if I wasn't a Cardinals' fan I might find it unbearable.
    He clearly yelled "F Yea, looked towards Napoli and yelled "Piece of Sh**", why would he yell that to get himself fired up? Carpenter is a punk and there is a reason no one likes him. Texas players and Napoli all said he yelled it at Napoli, based on Carpenters history there is no reason to not believe them.

poor tony

Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Turn Off Ads?