Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 456

Thread: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

  1. #436
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,077

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Another fun website. I clicked on the OSU link for 2012, noticing that there have been 4 arrests. I was delighted by the fourth. Just outstanding. I need video. Like right now.

    http://arrestnation.com/
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #437
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,126

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Another fun website. I clicked on the OSU link for 2012, noticing that there have been 4 arrests. I was delighted by the fourth. Just outstanding. I need video. Like right now.

    http://arrestnation.com/
    I don't know what is so funny about domestic violence? Storm Klein got kicked off the team just like he should have been. So was Dominic Clarke.

    Mewhart and Stoneburner are suspended for the time being, and off scholarship. Their misdeeds are forgivable as college tomfoolery. But they have to earn it.

    Accepting arrests is not something that should be tolerated.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  4. #438
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,077

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I don't know what is so funny about domestic violence? Storm Klein got kicked off the team just like he should have been. So was Dominic Clarke.

    Mewhart and Stoneburner are suspended for the time being, and off scholarship. Their misdeeds are forgivable as college tomfoolery. But they have to earn it.

    Accepting arrests is not something that should be tolerated.
    Sorry, I meant the last name, Paul Hamm. I got the number wrong.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  5. #439
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,577
    Ohio State runningnack Bri'onte Dunn arrested and charged with drug possession.

    In related news, Bri'onte Dunn will never play for the Buckeyes again.
    Witty signature.

  6. #440
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Was he kicked off the team?

    That's not something Meyer usually does. Especially with talented guys.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  7. #441
    15 game winner Danny Serafini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sultanes de Monterrey
    Posts
    4,183

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Technically he was cited, not arrested, but it still isn't good.

  8. #442
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Technically he was cited, not arrested, but it still isn't good.
    You are correct, my mistake. However, with all the messages being sent by Meyer, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bri'onte in Youngstown State.
    Witty signature.

  9. #443
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    According to Twitter (which means it's true) he was with his cousin and the drugs may not have been his. Still a lack of judgement and I'm sure punishment is coming, but I doubt he'll be kicked off the team.

  10. #444
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Yeah, Meyer only kicks five star guys off his team after their fourth or fifth arrest.

    Those of you that still insist there's a code of conduct that's different at tOSU than at other institutions are in for a rude awakening, IMO. All the "SEC cheats/ crooks/ thieves" narratives are going to have to be re-written or edited, post-haste, because this is the way Urban Meyer plays the game.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  11. #445
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Yeah, Meyer only kicks five star guys off his team after their fourth or fifth arrest.

    Those of you that still insist there's a code of conduct that's different at tOSU than at other institutions are in for a rude awakening, IMO. All the "SEC cheats/ crooks/ thieves" narratives are going to have to be re-written or edited, post-haste, because this is the way Urban Meyer plays the game.
    So you are in favor of college players being kicked off of the team because they were found with a small amount of pot that may or may not have belonged to them?

    I'm just trying to figure out when I should bust out my "holier than thou" posts.

  12. #446
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,129

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    So you are in favor of college players being kicked off of the team because they were found with a small amount of pot that may or may not have belonged to them?

    I'm just trying to figure out when I should bust out my "holier than thou" posts.
    Guilty until proven innocent in America, huh?

  13. #447
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    So you are in favor of college players being kicked off of the team because they were found with a small amount of pot that may or may not have belonged to them?

    I'm just trying to figure out when I should bust out my "holier than thou" posts.
    You're right, it's unfair to characterize this kid as a trouble-maker because he was arrested with pot and paraphenalia.

    Mea culpa.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  14. #448
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,511

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Marijuana use among young adults aged 18 to 25 was found most responsible for the rise. Drug use among college-aged students has jumped from 19.6 percent in 2008 to 21.5 percent in 2010.
    http://www.usatodayeducate.com/stagi...-marijuana-use
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  15. #449
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    You're right, it's unfair to characterize this kid as a trouble-maker because he was arrested with pot and paraphenalia.

    Mea culpa.
    He was not arrested.

  16. #450
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,348

    Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    You're right, it's unfair to characterize this kid as a trouble-maker because he was arrested with pot and paraphenalia.

    Mea culpa.
    Not all OSU fans are happy with this. I think he should be kicked off the team. Now is no time to be screwing around, coming off the troubles we came off of. No time for fools.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25