Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    The buzz going around is he's already contacted Greg Studrawa, OC for LSU. Studrawa coached under Meyer at Bowling Green and is a B.G. alum and grew up in Ohio. There's a lot of talk that Ohio State will try to retain Luke Fickell as an associate head coach (to take some of the load off Meyer). I also expect Paul Haynes and Stan Drayton to be retained from the current staff.

As mentioned, Chuck Heater is the odds-on favorite to be the defensive coordinator. He was Meyer's guy at Florida and is coaching at Temple right now.
    Do you think Fickell would be onboard with such a plan? I think it would be great, but I don't know how much of a hit to the ego that would be.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Do you think Fickell would be onboard with such a plan? I think it would be great, but I don't know how much of a hit to the ego that would be.
    I think he knows his role. No insult intended.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I don't think he'd be crazy about it, but they would pay him his current salary ($750k) to coach at his alma mater. And frankly, it's unlikely he'll get a head coaching job anywhere next season... so yeah, I think he'd go along with it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

My buddy in Columbus just text'd me this news, but I can't find anything on the 'net to substantiate this rumor as of yet.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

This is going to be like the Dusty Baker hiring was for some Reds fans--lot of eating words about their opinion of Urban Meyer. I guess his arrogance and smugness will turn to "confidence" and "winning attitude"?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

It's the old adage: If you can beat them in embarrassing fashion, join them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    My buddy in Columbus just text'd me this news, but I can't find anything on the 'net to substantiate this rumor as of yet.
    Eleven Warriors has it on their front page. These guys are very, very in tune with things inside the program.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    This is going to be like the Dusty Baker hiring was for some Reds fans--lot of eating words about their opinion of Urban Meyer. I guess his arrogance and smugness will turn to "confidence" and "winning attitude"?
    I'm sure there are some that will have to do that, but I was actually a fan of the guy. I didn't care for how he handled the controversy around the 2006 national title game, but I can't say I blamed him. But otherwise, I respected him and thought he was a guy I'd like my kid to play for.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I came across this column.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/meyer-...ng-staff-29902

Of that staff, sources indicate Meyer’s intial plan is to retain current Ohio State head football coach Luke Fickell and current Buckeye wide receivers coach Stan Drayton.

Meyer also aims to add Chris Spielman, Kirk Herbstreit, current North Carolina State linebackers coach Jon Tenuta and current LSU offensive line coach Greg Studwara to his Ohio State staff.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I'm sure there are some that will have to do that, but I was actually a fan of the guy. I didn't care for how he handled the controversy around the 2006 national title game, but I can't say I blamed him. But otherwise, I respected him and thought he was a guy I'd like my kid to play for.
    Yeah, same. If there was irritation about Meyer with Ohio State's fan base it's just because he was so successful. People have talked about him coming home to Columbus for years, even when Tressel was secure.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

This is the worst tackling team at Ohio State since the 1999 team. That was the post Katzenmoyer group that was more interested in taking shots, instead of wrapping up and tackling. Seriously yuck. Fans keep worrying about the offense. Its the defense people. They can't stop anybody.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

The defense misses some tackles, but it is definitely the offense. If the offense was good you wouldn't care about the missed tackles. They are amplified because we can't move the ball.

Can we stop that stupid wildcat play please.

Everybody here excited for the Gator bowl vs Florida? AKA the 'what the hell happened to these teams?' bowl
    Go Gators!

I only wish these reports about Meyer would not be published. It can only hurt things at this point. If it gets out big enough while the season is still going that could make things awkward for him and could get in the way.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Meyer was in the booth at halftime of yesterday's game saying he has not been offered the job at OSU. That's not saying at some point it won't be, because I don't see them going into next season with Fickel at the helm. But I don't think OSU will make that decision, out of respect for Fickel who knows his job is "interim", till after the season.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?