Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

"This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

One thing is for sure, when the worst people can find on a coach is that he may have shown preferential treatment as to how a coach handles players... you know there's not much bad to speak of the guy.

No one will bring up cheating, because he's got a spotless record with the NCAA.

No one will bring up grades, because he had more Academic All-SEC selections than anyone in the conference sans (gasp, Vanderbilt).

No one will bring up his own character, because he's never committed a single unlawful act (outside of a parking or speeding ticket).

The best a Sporting News "investigation" can come up with is that he may have been more lenient on stars? Say it isn't so!
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Just had three night games announced for this season. Home against Nebraska and @Indiana and @Penn St. All games in October.

I watched a bit of the Spring Game on TV. I don't think you can take a lot from them, but it was nice to see both Miller and Guiton look good throwing the ball. Obviously freshman Michael Thomas stood out with 12 cathes, so we'll see if he can avoid the Buckeye Spring Game curse. He just looks like a wide reciever though and think he'll have a nice career.

Two expected starters for Urban Meyer's first Ohio State team have been suspended from the team.

Ohio State issued a statement Monday saying that Meyer had suspended senior tight end Jake Stoneburner and junior offensive tackle Jack Mewhort after they were arrested by police on a misdemeanor charge of obstructing official business. The school said it had no further comment.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...eekend-arrests
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Reed paid the parking ticket that he received in high school and it's a non-issue.

But it's inexplicable why a reference to Trovon Reed would appear in an OSU thread.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Reed paid the parking ticket that he received in high school and it's a non-issue.

But it's inexplicable why a reference to Trovon Reed would appear in an OSU thread.
    He had to have copied the wrong link. Or they change it daily? Beats me, dont know what it has to do with the conversation period.

My bad. I thought this was the pointless college football player arrest thread.

I'm sure in the next couple weeks you can also file this one under "non-issue".

My bad. I thought this was the pointless college football player arrest thread.

I'm sure in the next couple weeks you can also file this one under "non-issue".
    Fortunately you still have time to edit the original post and remove the pointless off topic link.

Fortunately you still have time to edit the original post and remove the pointless off topic link.
    I think I'll leave it for context.

I think I'll leave it for context.
    But it doesn't provide any.

I know OSU fans won't want to hear this, but arrests are often a sign of an improving football team. Florida, Oregon, Alabama, Miami, Florida State, LSU, and USC all had significant legal troubles during their championship runs. You need a little of that dangerous edge in your huddle.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I know OSU fans won't want to hear this, but arrests are often a sign of an improving football team. Florida, Oregon, Alabama, Miami, Florida State, LSU, and USC all had significant legal troubles during their championship runs. You need a little of that dangerous edge in your huddle.
    Mark Richt wishes that were so, because he'd have a boatload of BCS trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Mark Richt wishes that were so, because he'd have a boatload of BCS trophies.
    Arrests don't lead to championships, but championships rarely come without them. I found this very interesting.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ime/index.html
    Last edited by improbus; 07-07-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Turn Off Ads?