Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Attack Cat!

Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Another game, another wretched performance from the coaching staff.

How do you not have a 4th down play ready to go late in the game? Get the play in on time for goodness sakes. The staff has to take a lot of the blame for the false start penalty that killed the last drive.

Meyer can't come soon enough. The sooner he's announced the sooner recruits know. 48 hours after the NCAA sanctions announcements is my guess.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Meyer was in the booth at halftime of yesterday's game saying he has not been offered the job at OSU.
    Careful wording I thought, pretty obviously. There's no job to offer right now.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

The details leaked are so specific tht it seems plausible he's coming and OSU is trying to prime recruiting....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Hallelujah, Bollman's last game as OC should be Saturday! Well, unless they go to the Astro Bluebonnet Bowl, I guess.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Hallelujah, Bollman's last game as OC should be Saturday! Well, unless they go to the Astro Bluebonnet Bowl, I guess.
    Or perhaps the Poulan Weedeater Bowl or the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Or perhaps the Poulan Weedeater Bowl or the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.
    I think (hope) that a new coach will be announced shortly after the Michigan game. I do think that OSU won't fire Fickell and will have him as the head coach until the next one his officially hired. But if your Urban Meyer and you want the job, you especially want those couple of weeks before the bowl season to practice with your team.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think (hope) that a new coach will be announced shortly after the Michigan game. I do think that OSU won't fire Fickell and will have him as the head coach until the next one his officially hired. But if your Urban Meyer and you want the job, you especially want those couple of weeks before the bowl season to practice with your team.
    Dec. 12-15 is the date range that this will all be finalized, most likely.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Pretty much all parties have been informed now of the plan.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

So how do you see this weekend's big game? I see a close game and the winner will be the defense that stops the run and forces the other team to pass 'cause neither QB is adept at throwing the ball. Mich's defense has improved a great deal since last year but I don't think they're up to OSU's level yet. I see OSU pulling this game out even though it's on the road. If Mich starts strong, it'll be problematic for the Buckeyes

Nice to see the game back on Thanksgiving weekend again too...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So how do you see this weekend's big game? I see a close game and the winner will be the defense that stops the run and forces the other team to pass 'cause neither QB is adept at throwing the ball. Mich's defense has improved a great deal since last year but I don't think they're up to OSU's level yet. I see OSU pulling this game out even though it's on the road. If Mich starts strong, it'll be problematic for the Buckeyes

I agree with pretty much everything you said. OSU gets the win.

I have stopped having any expectations for what is going to happen in an Ohio State football game. Both teams have had pretty wild mood swings this year. If Ohio State pulls it all together and plays a complete game they should win by a whole bunch, but that probably won't happen. If Denard is allowed to run like Penn State was last week, Michigan could win by a whole bunch. I'm going to say Ohio State wins by 6, but I say that with a low level of confidence.

Michigan wins this week, the seniors will not be the only group to never experience an OSU win

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

I was happy when I was in school that he game was played the weekend before Thanksgiving. It made it much easier to enjoy the holiday weekend at home.

I think if OSU plays well they are the better team. I don't think Michigan's defense is good enough to stop OSU like MSU or PSU did. I think it boils down to two things. Does OSU's defense contain Denard. In the past Denard has had some nice plays but has been forced into too many costly turn overs. Secondly does Braxton Miller play a solid all around game. If he plays poorly or gets injured I don't see OSU winning.

You don't need much of a defense to stop OSU's offense, so I hardly think they will be running up a lot of yards.

This game boils down to OSU's D-line. If they play like they did prior to last two weeks, OSU *should* win. If they play like they have the last two weeks, then Michigan will win.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Adolphus Washington commits to OSU, even with the coaching situation in flux. Maybe he knows something we don't???

They did miss out on his Taft teammate, Dwayne Stanford, who is heading to Oregon.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?