Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Another fun website. I clicked on the OSU link for 2012, noticing that there have been 4 arrests. I was delighted by the fourth. Just outstanding. I need video. Like right now.

http://arrestnation.com/
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Another fun website. I clicked on the OSU link for 2012, noticing that there have been 4 arrests. I was delighted by the fourth. Just outstanding. I need video. Like right now.

http://arrestnation.com/
    I don't know what is so funny about domestic violence? Storm Klein got kicked off the team just like he should have been. So was Dominic Clarke.

Mewhart and Stoneburner are suspended for the time being, and off scholarship. Their misdeeds are forgivable as college tomfoolery. But they have to earn it.

Accepting arrests is not something that should be tolerated.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I don't know what is so funny about domestic violence? Storm Klein got kicked off the team just like he should have been. So was Dominic Clarke.

Mewhart and Stoneburner are suspended for the time being, and off scholarship. Their misdeeds are forgivable as college tomfoolery. But they have to earn it.

Accepting arrests is not something that should be tolerated.
    Sorry, I meant the last name, Paul Hamm. I got the number wrong.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Ohio State runningnack Bri'onte Dunn arrested and charged with drug possession.

In related news, Bri'onte Dunn will never play for the Buckeyes again.
    Witty signature.

Was he kicked off the team?

That's not something Meyer usually does. Especially with talented guys.

Technically he was cited, not arrested, but it still isn't good.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Technically he was cited, not arrested, but it still isn't good.
    You are correct, my mistake. However, with all the messages being sent by Meyer, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bri'onte in Youngstown State.
    Witty signature.

According to Twitter (which means it's true) he was with his cousin and the drugs may not have been his. Still a lack of judgement and I'm sure punishment is coming, but I doubt he'll be kicked off the team.

Yeah, Meyer only kicks five star guys off his team after their fourth or fifth arrest.

Those of you that still insist there's a code of conduct that's different at tOSU than at other institutions are in for a rude awakening, IMO. All the "SEC cheats/ crooks/ thieves" narratives are going to have to be re-written or edited, post-haste, because this is the way Urban Meyer plays the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Yeah, Meyer only kicks five star guys off his team after their fourth or fifth arrest.

Those of you that still insist there's a code of conduct that's different at tOSU than at other institutions are in for a rude awakening, IMO. All the "SEC cheats/ crooks/ thieves" narratives are going to have to be re-written or edited, post-haste, because this is the way Urban Meyer plays the game.
    So you are in favor of college players being kicked off of the team because they were found with a small amount of pot that may or may not have belonged to them?

I'm just trying to figure out when I should bust out my "holier than thou" posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    So you are in favor of college players being kicked off of the team because they were found with a small amount of pot that may or may not have belonged to them?

I'm just trying to figure out when I should bust out my "holier than thou" posts.
    Guilty until proven innocent in America, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post

You're right, it's unfair to characterize this kid as a trouble-maker because he was arrested with pot and paraphenalia.

Mea culpa.

Marijuana use among young adults aged 18 to 25 was found most responsible for the rise. Drug use among college-aged students has jumped from 19.6 percent in 2008 to 21.5 percent in 2010.
    http://www.usatodayeducate.com/stagi...-marijuana-use
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

You're right, it's unfair to characterize this kid as a trouble-maker because he was arrested with pot and paraphenalia.

Mea culpa.
    He was not arrested.

Mea culpa.
    Not all OSU fans are happy with this. I think he should be kicked off the team. Now is no time to be screwing around, coming off the troubles we came off of. No time for fools.

Turn Off Ads?