Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    It's not really casting doubt or cherry picking, it's his most recent year of coaching and there was a definite change, the OC, now coach at Temple, did the interviews, did the coaches shows, was the one on the sideline doing the talking to the players, was the one the players said more then once was the guy running practice.

If you guys want to dismiss it I understand that, but the 10 Meyer was different, and not just because the team was awful.
    Sure. His mind wasn't right. But the things that made it that way won't be in the picture now.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

I love Braxton Miller and think he's going to be a great player, but the scouting reports on him were that he was a more advanced passer than Pryor was in high school. And while he has a better arm than TP, I expected him to be much better than this. He makes some awful throws on short routine throws.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

It would be sooo cool to win this game after Michigan invited over 300 Alumni.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

So how is it that with 5 minutes left in the game, Robinson can run a QB draw up the middle without any linebackers there? We all knew what was coming. If he makes a play, then you tip your cap, but they seemed to be caught completely by surprise by this.

And they did it again?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    So how is it that with 5 minutes left in the game, Robinson can run a QB draw up the middle without any linebackers there? We all knew what was coming. If he makes a play, then you tip your cap, but they seemed to be caught completely by surprise by this.

And they did it again?
    I'm perplexed by a great deal of things in this game.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Well, even if it's not Meyer, it needs to be someone else. This coaching staff is not good. Yes, it was a tough situation to inherit, but this is a poorly coached team and I don't see it as any better at the end of the year than the beginning.

He makes some awful throws on short routine throws.
    I also counted 3 overthrown touchdown passes.

Well, even if it's not Meyer, it needs to be someone else. This coaching staff is not good. Yes, it was a tough situation to inherit, but this is a poorly coached team and I don't see it as any better at the end of the year than the beginning.
    Agree 110%.

Go Blue! That is all.
    Go BLUE!!!

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

All things considered, I think Miller deserves a little while before we get overly presumptuous and assume he's going to suck. This was the first game that OSU has even really let him pass a lot.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse coaching decision than the third down spike. Michigan was a better team this year, but I honestly think Ohio State wins that with even average coaching.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Good game. Braxton missed some throws but by the time he is done at OSU I think he'll be something special. Lots of shoulda/coulda/woulda's, but that's pretty much been the story of the year for the Bucks.

Oh, well. I'm expecting Urban Meyer to be announced as the head coach on Monday. With everything OSU has gone through the last 11 months it will be nice to get a fresh start.

I think the coaching was FANTASTIC in this game, particularly on offense. Let's be real, Braxton missed a ton of wide open throws. How does the coaching get blamed for this? And the spike was a bad call, but he's a FRESHMAN. The defense was terrible, but the personnel is underwhelming.

It was a disappointing year, no question. But I'm not going to pile on this coaching staff. They could've done a better job, yes. But I tip my cap to them, and thank all of them for perhaps the best 10 years in the history of this program.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I also counted 3 overthrown touchdown passes.
    Bingo. Regardless of the fact there was no defense on either side, those overthrown balls on sure TDs had me stomping the floor. This was a very winnable game for the Buckeyes, and I picked them to lose it. What it came down to, IMO, was some simply bad decision-making (and play calling) on the sidelines, and especially in critical situations. You run 15 seconds off the clock at a critical time, and then spike the ball, and lose a down? I was livid!

And I know they put up 34 pts, but their offense was so predictable for the most part. Michigan came to the line knowing what they were going to do.

And here's what gets me. When they did actually open up this offense, look at what they did! They marched down the field and scored a TD in 1:18 time. Why weren't they doing that for most of the season?

Kudos to Robinson. He played one helluva a game. Our defense didn't know if he was coming or going. Really poor tackling too. I would have done more to shut down the running game, and forced him to beat us with his arm. It still may have not made any difference, but you still try to take away his strength and force him into his weakness.

While I don't put all the blame on Fickel - he did inherit a tough situation - this entire coaching staff has to go.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-26-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

With 6 wins, do the Buckeyes get a bowl bid? There's a lot of money at stake there.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?