Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I don't see that happening even if Tressel didn't get a show cause, which he is almost guarenteed to get.
    Phil Fulmer is being linked to Kansas as well. At this point, I'm starting to wonder if Bobby Bowden is considering coming out of retirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think UCLA is cursed, there is no reason at all they can't be successful considering where they are, and they just keep treading water.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I think UCLA is cursed, there is no reason at all they can't be successful considering where they are, and they just keep treading water.
    USC is the key player, apparently not enough talent for the both of them?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    USC is the key player, apparently not enough talent for the both of them?
    Lots of Southern California kids on Oregon's roster as well. In fact, as Oregon as risen, UCLA has fallen.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Defensive tackle and ESPNU 150 recruit Tommy Schutt decommitted from Penn State and opted instead for Ohio State on Monday, according to Glenbard West High School (Ill.) coach Chad Hetlet.
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/story...state-buckeyes

Yesterday was a big day for recruiting. Picked up both Schutt and Pittman who are both 5* recruits that were also previously commited to other BIG schools. It looks like Urban is going to finish up this class with a bang as there are several other big time recruits visiting.

Still need offensive lineman.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Still need offensive lineman.
    Kyle Dodson is likely to commit this week to Ohio State. Jordan Diamond will take his visits first, but is likely to end up joining him at some point.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Noah Spence now commits to Ohio State. That D-Line is going to be sick in a couple of years.....heck, it should be really good next year.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Noah Spence now commits to Ohio State. That D-Line is going to be sick in a couple of years.....heck, it should be really good next year.
    Yessir!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I will say that the dominating DL will begin this upcoming year. Just take a look at this list assuming the committed players sign.

Nathan Williams, Simon, Hankins, Goebel, Bellamy, JT Moore, Bennett, Baldwin, Kenny Hayes, Farris, Hale, Spence, Washington, Schutt, Pittman

That is 15!!! deep. Obviously you can not play 15 DL but I think it is fair to say you could play 10 pretty consistently.

FYI, Ohio State received its findings from the NCAA yesterday. They will be announced by the NCAA at 3 PM with the media being given a public copy of the report at 2 PM to prepare for the teleconference.

Don't expect anything more than an added year probation and perhaps 1-3 more scholarships taken away.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Bowl ban plus some other minor stuff. Pretty pumped for the Gator Bowl now. Good bye Gene. I didn't blame him until now but he has to go now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    FYI, Ohio State received its findings from the NCAA yesterday. They will be announced by the NCAA at 3 PM with the media being given a public copy of the report at 2 PM to prepare for the teleconference.

Don't expect anything more than an added year probation and perhaps 1-3 more scholarships taken away.
    That was the spin from Gene Smith and OSU. However, I don't think it was ever reality. NCAA hits us with a one year bowl ban, and Urban's not going to be very happy about this. Granted, one year isn't the end of the world. Gives him a year to play around with things, in all reality. Takes some pressure off perhaps, which isn't a bad thing for him. But still sucks.

"This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?