Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Re: 2011 Ohio State Football - What is next?

Mich St - Georgia turning into a really good game. MSU didn't do anything in the first half. An 80 yard passing TD and a 90 yard punt return within a couple of minutes put them in a big hole. But they've dominated the second half and looked like the clear better team.

I really like Mark Richt, so I'm happy to see him preserve his job. He's one of the good guys in college football, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Mich St - Georgia turning into a really good game. MSU didn't do anything in the first half. An 80 yard passing TD and a 90 yard punt return within a couple of minutes put them in a big hole. But they've dominated the second half and looked like the clear better team.

I really like Mark Richt, so I'm happy to see him preserve his job. He's one of the good guys in college football, IMO.
    This has been an awesome game.....you couldn't pay me to be a tailback in his one... As for OSU and UF, it's puzzling how they've had the seasons theyve had given their talent...
    Last edited by jojo; 01-02-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Mich St D-Line total domination, but GA offense making adjustments well. That was a great play call on that TD. Evenly matched teams in this game.

The Spartans achilles heal has been the big play. They've given up two 3 pass plays more than 60 yards, one being an 80 yard TD. That punt return was a killer too. Year in and year out it seems this is waht Big Ten team do in bowl games. They always seem to fall prey to special teams and big plays.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    This has been an awesome game.....you couldn't pay me to be a tailback in his one... As for OSU and UF, it's puzzling ow they've had the seasons have hd given the talent...
    Worst bowl game ever. FL is awful, but OSU was worse.

But again, two special teams TDs wound up being the difference.

Mich St D-Line total domination, but GA offense making adjustments well. That was a great play call on that TD. Evenly matched teams in this game.

The Spartans achilles heal has been the big play. They've given up two 3 pass plays more than 60 yards, one being an 80 yard TD. That punt return was a killer too. Year in and year out it seems this is waht Big Ten team do in bowl games. They always seem to fall prey to special teams and big plays.
    You've condemned over signing in the past... Special teams is one place this might manifest as a tangible advantage.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Nebraska totally outclassed in the second half. I like Bo Pellini, but his team seriously underachieved this year. They didn't dominate, but they outplayed SC in the first half by a decent amount. Then they came out and were dominated in the second half. He's a little too hot tempered, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You've condemned over signing in the past... Special teams is one place this might manifest as a tangible advantage.
    It's possible, but I've always thought special teams is mostly about just being smart and disciplined and coaching.

I think there is a serious coaching gap between the SEC and Big Ten right now. Big Ten athletic departments are seriously stuck in the past.
    Last edited by MWM; 01-02-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Man, that's a tough INT there for MSU. That's going to really hurt. They were driving to potentially tie the game.

It's too bad one of these teams has to lose.

Wow, that's a tough PI call in that situation, but it was probably the right one.

Kirk Cousins really impressed me in the conference championship game, and he's impressed me in this one too. He's probably not going to be a star in the NFL, but he could be one of those smart, solid journeyman QBs. He could become a really good backup.

It's possible, but I've always thought special teams is mostly about just being smart and disciplined and coaching.

I think there is a serious coaching gap between the SEC and Big Ten right now. Big Ten athletic departments are seriously stuck in the past.
    Ohio State says if you can't beat them join them

But wouldn't it be more a talent gap?

There also has been the climate argument for why the midwest teams have to be built for cold weather football
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Glad the OSU nightmare season is finally over. Games are over, suspensions done, sanctions imposed, new coach in place, recruiting back in gear. Things are looking up.

That game was totally unwatchable, Florida was even worse than Ohio State on offense.

Furthermore, I am glad that I never have to see JB Shugarts lineup at tackle ever again. I know that they have no one behind him to fill in, but I can't accept that kind of play from a four year starter at tackle.

Wipe the slate, shake the etch a sketch, break the molds, burn the blueprints. Tomorrow is a new day.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Ohio State says if you can't beat them join them

But wouldn't it be more a talent gap?

There also has been the climate argument for why the midwest teams have to be built for cold weather football
    Sure, there's a talent gap top to bottom, but I don't think it's that great at the top and mid-part of the league. The good programs in the Big 10 put plenty of players in the NFL.

I think the whole cold weather argument has some merit to it as you can't play the fast, SEC type of game week in and week out in bad weather, but that weather really only comes into play the last few weeks of the regular season.

So while I think it matters some, I think it's more there's too many relics in the Big Ten who choose to play a style of ball that's outdated. They're too stubborn to change as opposed to deliberately choosing their style based on the elements. But there's plenty of talent in the midwest, just look at the NFL for proof.

The SEC as a whole has embraced modern style college football. Heck, most of the country has. But many of the Big 10 programs are still playing like it was 1985. At least that's how I see it. It's an opinion.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post

That game was totally unwatchable, Florida was even worse than Ohio State on offense.
    Um, no we weren't. Not even close. We were a bit better, actually.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Really dumb pass by Cousins there.

Turn Off Ads?