Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I did something I swore I would never do

Retired

I did something I swore I would never do

I joined the dark side, I bought an Apple product. I had a $500 AMEX gift card from work and bought an iPad2 today. Generally I dislike the cult like following Apple seems to enjoy, as well as the insane prices they charge for their products. I have to say though, this ipad is pretty sweet. The build quality is excellent (some of the other tablets felt like cheap pieces of junk) and everything on it runs smooth as silk. There is no lag at all, or even any harsh looking movements, everything is perfectly fluid and smooth. I had never used iTunes before, and it was pretty easy to sync (I have a PC) and get everything up and running.

I feel like such a traitor now.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Re: I did something I swore I would never do

Never used iTunes? Come on bruh.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Never used iTunes? Come on bruh.
    Nope, today was the first time. Told you I wasn't an apple fan.

Redszone looks pretty good on the iPad though.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Nope, today was the first time. Told you I wasn't an apple fan.

Redszone looks pretty good on the iPad though.
    Are you going to get an iPod or iPhone now?

Retired

Maybe an iPhone next year. I did look at a MacBook Pro, but yikes the price is a little steep.

Honestly, the only reason I purchased the iPad is due to the fact my employer paid for most of it with the gift card they gave me. It's pretty cool and I do like it, but I don't know if I would have paid $500 for it. The battery life is pretty damn sweet though, I have been playing around with it and surfing the web for 2 hours and it's still at 90%. That is pretty impressive.

I bought my first Apple product last week too... and I used to live down the street from Jobs for 10 years

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I bought my first Apple product last week too... and I used to live down the street from Jobs for 10 years
    What did you get?

-The Insider-

If you like the iPad, you'll love the iPhone. You do need to start putting music onto iTunes. Dunno how someone listens to music without iTunes.

Welcome to the Dark Side. I once swore off Apple products, now I hate using anything else.

-The Insider-

I have a question. I really like Apple products. I'm not in the "cult" but I don't understand some people's pure hatred towards Apple products. Yeah they are more expensive, but if you're, for the most part, getting a better product, then why not just spend the money and get it? And why do people just hate on it?

Retired

I have a question. I really like Apple products. I'm not in the "cult" but I don't understand some people's pure hatred towards Apple products. Yeah they are more expensive, but if you're, for the most part, getting a better product, then why not just spend the money and get it? And why do people just hate on it?
    Better product is pretty subjective. Personally, I think their notebook prices are ridiculous. They look nice and build quality is phenomenal, but the price tag is hard to justify when you can get a PC that can do the same thing for 30-40% less.

And, this is just ,my opinion, some of the Apple fans annoy me. They believe any product Apple makes is automatically better just because of the logo on it, which isn't always the case. Many come off as elitist and very arrogant.

For me I use the Apple proucts that fit my need at the time. I have owned two Ipods as well as numerous shuffles over the years. I work out quite a bit and run pretty often. The shuffle is by far the best device for that.

I got an ipad from work. It was a plesant surprise and I doubted the value to the ipad. I completely undersold it and am very very impressed with the ipad. When the wife and I bought a new laptop we went with a dell. We both were comfortable with the pc setup and felt the need to get a "bargain" over the "coolness" of the mac book.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Better product is pretty subjective. Personally, I think their notebook prices are ridiculous. They look nice and build quality is phenomenal, but the price tag is hard to justify when you can get a PC that can do the same thing for 30-40% less.

And, this is just ,my opinion, some of the Apple fans annoy me. They believe any product Apple makes is automatically better just because of the logo on it, which isn't always the case. Many come off as elitist and very arrogant.
    Do I annoy you?

/notserious

Also, people who say it's too difficult of a transition from PC to Mac kinda baffles me.

I also got my first iPad last weekend and absolutely love it.

When mp3 players first came out, I went and got the Creative Zen player. It was a good product but ultimately broke after a couple years using it. At that point the Apple iPod's were really taking over and while I had a good experience with the Creative player I found it frustrating all the accessory makers were largely only making stuff for the iPods. So I caved and got an iPod. It was a great product. After that I switched to the iPhone a couple years ago and will probably never buy another phone that's not an iPhone for the forseeable future. The user interface on Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad is just phenominal.

However, I can't ever see myself buying an Apple laptop. I checked them out a few years ago when I got my current laptop and I just can't justify the price difference. I paid $1,200 for a Toshiba laptop that I have absolutely loved and have had no issues with it. At the time I priced out an Apple laptop with similar spec's and it was $1,200. A price difference of $800 wasn't worth it for the slightly higher quality Apple product.

I too joined the darkside because of a gift certificate. It was two yrs ago and I won an Apple giftcard and I got an iPod. I still feel like I haven't caught up to using it to its fullest

Turn Off Ads?